Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pebs

Can Celiacs Use Psylliumbenzonite As Fiber?

hi,

i'm thinking of embarking on an system to rid myself of candida. but the crux of the program includes a cleansing using psyllium and benzonite. not sure yet if i have celiac..but IF I DID....WOULD IT BE OKAY TO USE PSYLLIUM? or would that be too rough for my intestines? or does it not matter?

thanks so much!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am not sure which form of psyllium you are talking about, but most of the fiber therapies (citrucel, etc) use psyllium husks. Many folks with celiac take things like citrucel on a daily basis.

Psyllium Husk:

Pysyllium Husk is a high fiber, gentle colon scrubber that is used to help treat most forms of intestinal problems. This vegetable simultaneously cleanses and lubricates the intestines without negative side effects. Psyllium Husk soluble fiber prevents cholesterol absorption while insoluble fiber removes disease promoting toxins and other contaminants.

Psyllium Husk removes toxins which cause auto-intoxication and restores tone to the mucous membranes of the intestines. An excellent colon cleanser.

Helpful for; colitis, colon blockage, constipation, diverticulitis, dysentery, gonorrhea, ulcers, intestinal and urinary tract disorders.

I don't know a thing about the benzonite mixed in.

-Jessica :rolleyes: