Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sailing Girl

Enlightened Md In Eastern Virginia?

I may be forced by circumstances to attempt to get an after-the-fact diagnosis for my eight-year-old DD (see "Toaster" thread on Parents forum).

She's been gluten-free for five years, and I will not put her back on gluten for the sake of a diagnosis. She tested blood negative after she'd been gluten free for more than a year, but was diagnosed as "severely gluten sensitive/probable Celiac" by a developmental pediatrician.

A more certain diagnosis probably would involve a gluten challenge (and a ridiculously long one, involving God knows how much damage, given how long she's been gluten free). So it may be that this is impossible.

But surely someone could be smart enough to diagnose her on the basis of her medical history, the blood test (which showed some antibodies even after so long gluten free, just not enough to be positive), and her symptoms (well documented by me) when she is glutened.

Does anyone know of an open-minded pediatrician or pediatric gastroenterologist somewhere in eastern Virginia?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You might want to check out the UVA hospital. Sheila Crowe, MD is supposed to be an expert

GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS GOOD, THANK YOU FOR OUR GLUTEN-FREE FOOD!

MUSIC IS THE BREATH OF LIFE

Theresa