Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was shopping at the store today and I got some tortilla chips. I wanted to get some salsa, but I have not been really happy with the brands I've tried lately. My all time favorite salsa is a homemade kind from a small mexican restaurant in the town we used to live in. I haven't eaten there since going gluten-free. Anyhow, I wanted to try a different brand and I came acrossed Santa Barbary brand. They have some cantina style salsas. They are thin and looked like what I wanted. But I was worried about not being able to check the "spices" on the label. I didn't even have my cel. phone and wasn't sure anyone would answer on Sunday anyhow...so I was reading the label and there on the bottom it said GLUTEN FREE! I was so excited. I bought two different kinds. One I don't like, but one (Salsa Mexicana) tastes almost exactly like the restaurant salsa I like!! I was so excited. When I got home I went to their website http://www.sbsalsa.com and under the FAQS section it says that all of their salsas are gluten free, except for the Cheese & Salsa. There is one ingredient in it that has gluten (it must be in the cheese part). But all of their regular salsas say gluten-free right on the label. I love that when companies help us out that way. It's on sale this week, so I will have to go back and buy more now! :D

God bless,

Mariann

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Always fun finding products that are labeled safe for us!! I love that. Enjoy your salsa.

Oh by the way, it is a local product or something that is sold on a larger scale?

-Jessica :rolleyes:

The company is based in Oceanside, CA. According to their website they are currently selling thier salsas throughout the US in all states except, North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, and Louisiana. I don't know why they don't sell them in those states, but they might start selling them there at some point...Here is what their website says.

We're in too many stores to easily list, and more are added each day. If you can't find us in your store, ask where the refrigerated salsa is kept. If Santa Barbara Salsa isn't there, ask for it or call us at 800-748-5523!

:D I'm a salsa FANatic!!! If you live on the Eastern side of the states, there is a wonderful salsa called Green Mountain Gringo, made in Vermont. Their salsa is gluten free and very fresh. It's wonderful. I don't know if you can find it in CA, but if you see it give it a try!

Stay Healthy! gab