This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's The Best Chocolate Cake Mix?

davalexandra

davalexandra Newbie

What's the best gluten-free chocolate cake mix out there? I'm looking for a moist cake that has 'normal cake' texture. I am also dairy and corn allergic, but if you just know of a good gluten-free mix I'd love to know what it is and then I can check if its dairy and corn-free too. Thanks everyone!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I like the one from Gluten Free Pantry

missy'smom Collaborator

We like the Namaste mix. It's dairy-free and other allergen free too, not sure about corn-free.

happygirl Collaborator
Open Original Shared Link Namaste products fit your requirements.
Lisa Mentor

Pamela's, hands down!!!!!!!! (ooops, didn't notice you don't do dairy) Mybad! I got carried away with my enthusiasm.

celiac-mommy Collaborator
Pamela's, hands down!!!!!!!! (ooops, didn't notice you don't do dairy) Mybad! I got carried away with my enthusiasm.

No dairy!!!

Open Original Shared Link

Lisa Mentor
No dairy!!!

Good catch R....but corn :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac-mommy Collaborator
Good catch R....but corn :(

Darn-missed that one :P

happygirl Collaborator

How corn sensitive are you? Can you have xanthan gum?

brigala Explorer

Namaste has my vote here, too. I actually haven't met a cake mix I didn't like yet, but Namaste's probably my favorite and it has the bonus of being free of many different allergens.

-Elizabeth

davalexandra Newbie

Thanks everyone!

hollyres Explorer

I have a nut allergy and am so excited about Namaste I can't stand it!!!! Thank you!!!!

Hummingbird4 Explorer

I made a cake with Bob's Red Mill gluten-free chocolate cake mix a couple of weeks ago. I used a non-dairy margarine, because my sister is also lactose-intolerant. Used a store-bought frosting that was also non-dairy (I don't remember the brand, maybe Pillsbury? It's the white one with sprinkles). The cake turned out FABULOUS!!!! It tasted great, I was so pleased. You should be able to find BRM cake mix at any grocery store.

CeliacMom2008 Enthusiast

We haven't tried many so I don't know if it's "the best", but we like Kinnikinnick.

GFqueen17 Contributor

definately gluten free dreams...with the gluten free dreams frosting

caek-is-a-lie Explorer

I love Bob's Red Mill chocolate cake mix. NO RICE!! That's important to me. :) Make some butter cream frosting from the recipe on the back of the Ghiradelli cocoa power can, and you have the best chocolate cake I've ever made, gluten or not! My whole family demands this cake now for any occasion. :) :)

lbd Rookie

I'll vote for Namaste. My non gluten-free family loves it too! Makes great muffins as well.

jkmunchkin Rising Star

Definitely Namaste.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

There is a company up here in Canada that has awesome gluten free baking mixes....... they ship to the U.S. I believe...

stolly Collaborator

We love Namaste, plus each package makes (2) 9" layers, so it's equivalent to a regular cake mix. Some other gluten-free cake mixes are almost as expensive but only make one layer. I bought a sampler of flavors from Namaste, but now buy the chocolate cake mix from A m a z o n dot COM (6 bags per order).

Blueyedtiger Newbie

Namaste has my vote. Cherrybrook Kitchen also has a good one too.

Archived