Rate this topic

Does any one know if a bean taco with cheese, sourcream and lettuce from taco bell is ok to eat? I hpoe so because I already ate it. How about the the cinnimon twists.

a bean taco? you mean in the soft shell?

I'm fairly certain none of these items are gluten free...cinnamom twists included. Taco Bell has a very limited list, their taco meat is not gluten free. Refriend beans are...one of their bowls are without the totilla crisps on it. But I think it's a place most gluten-free folks generally avoid..

a bean taco? you mean in the soft shell?

I'm fairly certain none of these items are gluten free...cinnamom twists included. Taco Bell has a very limited list, their taco meat is not gluten free. Refriend beans are...one of their bowls are without the totilla crisps on it. But I think it's a place most gluten-free folks generally avoid..

I would have to agree. Honestly, I don't feel that there is ANY fast food restaurant that could be considered safe. When you consider that the median age for most of those employees is maybe 15-18 years old, how could you trust that they would be conscientious enough to follow a 'gluten-free' protocol, even if there was one in place. Unless they actually have the disease, they don't really appreciate the damage that can happen with even one mistake. Point in fact is the blank, deer in the headlights look that you get from most wait staff at even the best restaurants when you inquire about a gluten free menu.

Because the fast food industry is built around 'fast' and time and care is generally required to assure that something IS made gluten free, I would never trust it even if they said it was okay.

JMHO.

Does any one know if a bean taco with cheese, sourcream and lettuce from taco bell is ok to eat? I hpoe so because I already ate it. How about the the cinnimon twists.

Uhhhmmmm. As others have mentioned, not such a good choice. If you can pull off Taco Bell without a reaction.....Well, I will leave it at that.

In my opinion, if a person must do fast food.....Try Wendy's

http://www.wendys.com/food/pdf/us/gluten_free_list.pdf

P.S. If you want to step it up a notch....Try P.F. Chang's if you have one close. All the best, Mike

I like to find out if any items have wheat listed as an ingredient, observe the employees preparing the food, and then make a decision as to whether the food might be safe to eat.

According to the website MG provided, the crunchy tacos, tostadas, pintos & cheese, and the rice do not contain wheat. That would indicate the beef filling in the tacos are wheat-free.

I have had the crunchy beef tacos a number of times with no ill effects. Also the beans. I seem to remember reading that the shells, chips, etc. could be cross contaminted in the frying process. That may be eroneous, or maybe it was Taco Bueno, I don't know. Yeah, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it was. That's why I stopped eating at Taco Bueno. Although, I had many times before that with no ill effects.

best regards, lm

I like to find out if any items have wheat listed as an ingredient, observe the employees preparing the food, and then make a decision as to whether the food might be safe to eat.

According to the website MG provided, the crunchy tacos, tostadas, pintos & cheese, and the rice do not contain wheat. That would indicate the beef filling in the tacos are wheat-free.

I have had the crunchy beef tacos a number of times with no ill effects. Also the beans. I seem to remember reading that the shells, chips, etc. could be cross contaminted in the frying process. That may be eroneous, or maybe it was Taco Bueno, I don't know. Yeah, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it was. That's why I stopped eating at Taco Bueno. Although, I had many times before that with no ill effects.

best regards, lm

You may also note lm, on the right columnm (pink) indicates that most, if not all, items listed contain ingredients that might cause a sensitivity to gluten = cross contamination CYA statement.

I intrepreted this part of their statement to mean the beef wasn't safe:

Suggestions for Wheat and Gluten Sensitive Individuals:

[*]Tostada

[*]Fiesta Taco Salad (order Chicken instead of Beef; order without the shell and without the Red Strips)

[*]Express Taco Salad (order Chicken instead of Beef)

[*]Zesty Chicken Border Bowl

The Taco Bell seasoning used on the beef has oats in it. (edited for accuracy) I'll grab a pintos and cheese and small nachos there when its the only place to eat, usually on some long road trip when I'm trapped in the middle of BFE. Other than that... meh.

Ingredients are here:

http://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/ingredient-statement/

One more edit: The chips are fried with wheat things, according to this ingredient list. Oh well.

Also, the cinnamon twists are made from wheat flour and the taco shells have oats in them as well.

My son's favorite fast food place is Taco Bell. When I take him there I get 2 bean tostadas and the rice side. Not the best meal I've ever had but at least I can take my son out to lunch.

I have never had a problem however, I can see how other's can.

Mike

No reaction to my hard shell bean taco. So what is at PF Changes? I love food like that and there are a couple in Raleigh where I live. So tell me what is good.

My son has been working at Taco Bell for over 3 years now, while going to college. He always says "you can't eat anything there mom, cc is a big problem". If you are not sensitive to cc then it maybe okay with the safe things they list on the website.