Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clnewberry1

Digestive Enzymes

I was wondering if anyone here has tried Digestive Enzymes? I read somewhere and can't remember now that they might be helpful in digestion especially for people with multiple food sensativities.

I don't mean go out and have a bunch of gluten but what I mean is that if you accidentially had some gluten hidden in something. Would it make the reaction less severe?

Thanks,

Crystal

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have found digestive enzymes really do seem to help. Esp. the stuff they specifically have for digesting gluten.

Meanwhile using things like enterically coated acidophilus, bromelain/papain and pancreatin help with accidental glutening as well as normally with a non gluten meal if you are still having any digestive issues at all.

Sometimes I also use HCL if I have a high protein meat meal.

Bea

Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!