Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happygirl

Celiac And Hospital Stay

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

This is great link. I am a licensed health facility administrator and there are so many things going on when a patient admits that this will be helpful to nurses. When a patient is able to provide basic helpful information to staff it gets everyone off to a better start. Unfortunately, as we have all experienced, celiac disease is not a disease people are well versed in and we as family members and patients must take control.

2 year old son with celiac disease, dx 11-08

Thank you for this!!!!! This is a great source. Everyone should have this information available!!!

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Thanks for the info! I may have a hospital stay in my future... ;)

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

Thank you so much for this! My 9 year old was recently in a children's hospital, and he didn't have much to eat at all. We had to let him have dairy for the few days he was there b/c it limited his food choices even more. The dietitian was really helpful, after realizing they basically had nothing for him to eat besides fruit and a few veggies, she had us make a list of his favorite foods, and she went out and bought them. She also interviewed us for ideas for their new menu. This was great, but I was a little shocked that we had to go to such great lengths just to get him a gluten & dairy free meal.

This handout will come in handy....I will have it packed in our hospital bag for next time. Thanks again!

Tamara, mom to 4 gluten & casein free kiddos!

Age 11 - Psoriasis

Age 8- dx'd Celiac March 2005

Age 6- gluten-free/cf, allergy related seizures

Age 4 - reflux, resolved with gluten-free/cf