Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christina98

How Can I Find A Good Doctor?

Hey every and anybody,

I have been unwell and only have been to medical doctors pretty much my whole life.I have tried to fix myself numerous times over the past 10 years (with candida plans) this is what I thought I have.I have given up...i can no longer do it on my own and never really had the money to go to a naturopathic dr.Now I made the decision to take money out of my small savings for a house-just so i can go see someone.Only problem is, how do you know what to ask the office your going to in order to see if they are worth it? I mean I dont know anyone that could help me.I dont know what to look for to know if they are worth it or not.I tried to google (reviews of naturopathic dr's) but cannot find any patient feed back on anyone or anythingI found a Dr 1hr 1/2 from where I live and I all i know is he is an MD and a naturopath,he supposedly treats candida,gluten problems,hormone problems???? His brother treats autististic kids in the same practice.I am in upstate NY....the dr's is in Rhinebeck Ny

I hope someone can help especially considering I am unemployed and this Dr's first visit COSTS $750.00 :angry:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

ACK! That's a lot of money!

Is there a support group in your area? They would probably know which doctors are worth visiting and which doctors are best avoided.

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

ACK! That's a lot of money!

Is there a support group in your area? They would probably know which doctors are worth visiting and which doctors are best avoided.

thanks for the response.No I dont know of any support groups in my area.I dont know I guess I either spend big bucks or keep searching.

Thank You

Hi Christina!

We all understand your frustration. Here is a list of people in your area who might be able to direct you to a proper doctor:

http://www.celiac.org/connections.php#newyork

This is the test to request from a doctor:

Anti-gliadin antibodies (AGA) both IgA and IgG

Anti-endomysial antibodies (EMA) - IgA

Anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies (tTG) - IgA

Total IgA level.

The Celiac Serologic Panel should cost you far less than what you quoted.

Good luck!

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Hi Christina!

We all understand your frustration. Here is a list of people in your area who might be able to direct you to a proper doctor:

http://www.celiac.org/connections.php#newyork

This is the test to request from a doctor:

Anti-gliadin antibodies (AGA) both IgA and IgG

Anti-endomysial antibodies (EMA) - IgA

Anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies (tTG) - IgA

Total IgA level.

The Celiac Serologic Panel should cost you far less than what you quoted.

Good luck!

Thank You