• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

MLB

Great News Enterolab Testing

Rate this topic

Hi all,

I just got my newest Enterolab test results back. 9 months ago I tested + for gluten and dairy and severe malabsorption (1279). My new test results show a normal fecal fat score indicating no malabsorption! I was really excited so thought I'd share. I've been so careful with my diet and have not cheated once (intentionally anyway - been glutened many times) so it's nice to see progress with my labs.

Thanks! I've improved so much in 9 months. Things that went away or improved greatly:

upper abdominal pain (bad - my worst symptom)

daily headaches

constipation

hypoglycemia (this was getting quite bad as well - totally gone now!)

eczema

blood pressure (i got to cut my medication in half)

anxiety

Still struggling with:

acid reflux - not like it was before, but this annoying symptom still comes and goes

Thanks! I've improved so much in 9 months. Things that went away or improved greatly:

upper abdominal pain (bad - my worst symptom)

daily headaches

constipation

hypoglycemia (this was getting quite bad as well - totally gone now!)

eczema

blood pressure (i got to cut my medication in half)

anxiety

Still struggling with:

acid reflux - not like it was before, but this annoying symptom still comes and goes

I've had great improvement in some areas too. One of the things I struggled with was acid reflux. I had to sleep propped up on pillows. I got onto a few links regarding digestive enzymes and decided to try it a few months ago. I went cold turkey off the acid meds at the same time I went on "Digest" enzymes and had some trouble for about 3 more days and then, low and behold, I was "Reflux" free!! I still take one with each meal (2 daily) and I am totally heart burn free. This is after years of acid reflux!!!! They work. Long term use of the medicines can actually make the problem worse as your body is not producing the enzymes needed. Check out the info on Enzyamedica web site. Hope this helps. Also, it is suggested to not start on fruit enzymes, thats why I picked the one called "Digest" from Enzymedica. The people at my local health food store are not educated enough, so be careful. Read up on it first.