i_miss_cookie*dough

Trader Joe's Chicken Vindaloo (frozen Meal)

Rate this topic

I have never seen that at our Trader Joe's but TJ'S does have a gluten-free list printed if you ask at the front office. It is lengthy but I don't see the food you mentioned but my list from TJ's is over a year old now. Whole Foods also has a printed phamplet with gluten-free...

I have never seen that at our Trader Joe's but TJ'S does have a gluten-free list printed if you ask at the front office. It is lengthy but I don't see the food you mentioned but my list from TJ's is over a year old now. Whole Foods also has a printed phamplet with gluten-free...

Trader Joe's updates their list fairly regularly, and it can be downloaded from their website.

http://traderjoes.com/Attachments/NoGluten.pdf

The Vindaloo isn't on their list, but if you read the ingredients carefully it should tell you. They do not hide gluten in things like "natural flavors." Most of their foods don't have dedicated lines, though, so although they practice "good manufacturing" to clean lines between runs, some of the most sensitive people still have had issues with certain TJ's products.

All of their foods which are manufactured in facilities or on equipment with wheat are marked on the label, however, as an added precaution.

-Elizabeth

Is it the Butter Chicken, or is there actually a vindaloo? I've been eating the butter chicken, LOVE it and no problems!

BTW if you're craving vindaloo, Patek's curries are almost all gluten-free - their vindaloo paste is delicious and I put it on chicken often.

:)