This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Picky Eater Who Is 2

jaydensmommy

jaydensmommy Newbie

We were told my 2 year old son has celiac's disease about 2 weeks ago now. He is a really picky eater and i want to know if anyone can suggest kid friendly recipes. Also i have a 1 year old and a 2 month old and the doctor said that they should be checked for celiac's to. Do I get them checked when they are this young? :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

purple Community Regular

Can you list some things he doesn't like?

Juliebove Rising Star

Kids can be very picky at 2. I can remember cooking dinner for Angela and her friends. One meal that they all liked was macaroni and cheese, breakfast sausages, black olives, baby carrots and sliced apples. Actually at that age, most any raw veggies and fruit cut into slices or sticks or bite sized pieces worked pretty well. Angela would never touch tomatoes, but most kids would. Chicken nuggets usually worked well too. She also liked quesadillas. You could make these with corn or rice tortillas. Just put some shredded cheese in between two of them and warm it until the cheese melts in a skillet, or put in the microwave. Cut in wedges to serve.

She also liked serving herself. The bottom shelf of the refrigerator was hers. I left cut up vegetables and cheese cubes there so she could get them if she wanted. And she had a snack basket. In there, I put shelf stable snack type foods that she could get herself.

jmjsmomma Apprentice
We were told my 2 year old son has celiac's disease about 2 weeks ago now. He is a really picky eater and i want to know if anyone can suggest kid friendly recipes. Also i have a 1 year old and a 2 month old and the doctor said that they should be checked for celiac's to. Do I get them checked when they are this young? :(

We went through the same thing last month. My 5 yo was diagnosed in Jan. The GI said that we all needed to be checked out. We did do the blood test on my 4 yo and my 2 yo. They both came back negative. I don't know about testing a 2 month old.....that seems awfully young? Is the baby on formula or breastfed?

2 year olds are notorious for being picky. You've been given some good thoughts from the previous poster, but it would help to know what he doesn't like that would qualify him as picky?

JULIA-BOSTON Newbie

My Gluten Free 2 year old son is also very picky and i think it's because he still associates food with pain. He will only eat food that he recognizes that won't hurt him. These are his three favorite dishes.

1. hambuger meat with chopped onions, mushrooms, sliced cheese, Amy's gluten free tomato sauce and Annie's rice pasta

2. Bell and Evan's gluten free chicken nuggets topped with Amy's gluten free tomato sauce and sliced cheese

3. homemade chicken soup with rice (canned progresso's chicken and wild rice or healthy choice's chicken and rice soup)

Nacks

1. gluten free pretzals

2. Dole's friut cups

4. Yogurts

3. Nestle's chocolate covered raisinets

4. snikiddy's baked corn puffs (He loves this)

Archived