Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wild fisher

Felt Better In Mexico...why?

I just got back from a 7 day trip to Mexico. I must say it was the best trip, my first actually, i've ever been on because my stomach felt the BEST it's been since i was diagnosed with Celiac 3 years ago. I ate anything I wanted, except for bread ofcourse. I didn't have the celiac stomach, no pain and I could go (B.M.) every day. Does anyone know why this is? Does it have to do with the weather, barametric pressure, no stress or the good fresh mexican food. Now that I'm back in Minnesota I'm sporting the celiac belly, feel bloated and on the verge of constipation!

Anyone else experience feeling better in other countries?

Kris

I just got back from a 7 day trip to Mexico. I must say it was the best trip, my first actually, i've ever been on because my stomach felt the BEST it's been since i was diagnosed with Celiac 3 years ago. I ate anything I wanted, except for bread ofcourse. I didn't have the celiac stomach, no pain and I could go (B.M.) every day. Does anyone know why this is? Does it have to do with the weather, barametric pressure, no stress or the good fresh mexican food. Now that I'm back in Minnesota I'm sporting the celiac belly, feel bloated and on the verge of constipation!

Anyone else experience feeling better in other countries?

Kris

Hello, Do you do dairy when you are at home? In Mexico, almost all cheese and milk comes from Goats milk.....Some folks do a lot better with goat milk products. Just my 2 cents worth. All the best, Mike

I've noticed I feel a lot better when I'm on vacation, even when I'm not the most careful about what I'm eating. I think it might have to do with the lack of stress...for me anyway. It could also be the food they made you. Lots of corn products :)

Glad you had a nice trip though! Where in Mexico did you go?

I've noticed I feel a lot better when I'm on vacation, even when I'm not the most careful about what I'm eating. I think it might have to do with the lack of stress...for me anyway. It could also be the food they made you. Lots of corn products :)

Glad you had a nice trip though! Where in Mexico did you go?

We went to Mazatlan and stayed at Pueblo Bonita Emerald Bay....BEAUTIFUL! Check it out on the internet. The corn products we great forsure.

Hello, Do you do dairy when you are at home? In Mexico, almost all cheese and milk comes from Goats milk.....Some folks do a lot better with goat milk products. Just my 2 cents worth. All the best, Mike

I didn't know that about Mexican dairy. I didn't drink any milk but i did have cheese on almost everything i ate. Thanks for your 2 cents. Every cent counts in my book :)

I'm thinking two things: the corn and perhaps more freshly prepared and less processed food.

I have to admit that when I go away, I feel better. Not necessarily physically, but the new things around me happily distract me from the physical.

Eat more Mexican and see how you do! I love Mexican!

I'm extremely relieved to hear that. I'm going to Tequila for nine days at the end of the month and was worried about getting sick. Good for you.

best regards, lm

I'm thinking two things: the corn and perhaps more freshly prepared and less processed food.

I have to admit that when I go away, I feel better. Not necessarily physically, but the new things around me happily distract me from the physical.

Eat more Mexican and see how you do! I love Mexican!

I was thinking the fresh, non processed had something to do with it too. Why does the US have to be so processed?

I got really sick twice in Mexico but both times were food poisoning (I know because others got sick also). My body just does not like the microbes in Mexico because I get sick every time I go. Maybe it is because I am not staying in a resort. btw, I found gluten free cookies in Mexico. They were made 100% from corn meal. They were pretty tasty.....and cheap!