Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

momof2

Snack Items I Can't Find

My daughter is getting bored with our usual snacks that I can get at a local co op. I have been looking for specifically gluten free pretzels, a fruity cereal like Fruit Loops (not fruity pebbles), and kinnickinnick donuts and blueberry muffins. Do you know of a one stop shop that has a good selection of this stuff, so that I don't have to pay shipping for each item?

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Somebody might correct me but I don't think Kinnikinnick sells online anywhere but their own site. They do sell at scattered stores in Canada and the U.S. You can go to the web site to find stores and see if there's one near you.

richard

We get the # from the Kinnikinnick site then call them and order them. They were here within 2 days. I think at some health food stores they have them but I am not sure. I know gluten-free pretzels you can find at a health food store if not you can go to a site and order those as well.

If you have a Whole Foods near you, they stock a lot of gluten-free items...

The one near me in Massachusetts has an aisle specifically for gluten-free products. As well as a new bakery section with all their gluten-free bakery items (made in a gluten-free bakehouse). I practically live at Whole Foods now!

However, it is an expensive store so I am not sure if it is cheaper to order things online...

I have been looking for specifically gluten free pretzels,  , and kinnickinnick donuts and blueberry muffins. Do you know of a one stop shop that has a good selection of this stuff, so that I don't have to pay shipping for each item?

gluten-free pretzels- The best price I have found is at http://www.glutensolutions.com It costs $6.99 for a family sized bag that is 28 (1/2oz) servings. The have a very good selection of snacks and other gluten-free foods there, so if you find a lot of stuff the shipping isn't too much. It will also calculate the shipping cost as you fill your cart, so if you find something is too much shipping you can remove it from you cart. This eliminates the shock of how much the shipping is going to be when you are ready to check out!

a fruity cereal like Fruit Loops(not fruity pebbles)- I don't think they exist. Sorry.

kinnickinnick donuts and blueberry muffins- It is a $10 flat shipping charge for Kinnickinick products that you get from their site. This is the only way to get them, unless you live near a store that sells them. If you order in bulk it will save money in the long run.

God bless,

Mariann

Guest ajlauer

I make a pretty good fruit salad. Might be an alternative in your quest for fruit cereal. I simply take apples, oranges, and bananas, and cut them into bite size pieces. If they are all ripe, no sweetening is even needed - and the kids love it! Last week I bought some whipping cream and whipped it up with a little sugar, and topped the fruit with that. It was for dessert though, not breakfast. My husband actually enjoyed it - and he doesn't eat anything healthy!