This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Banana Bread And Blueberry Muffin Recipes

clnewberry1

clnewberry1 Contributor

I would like a good banana bread and blueberry muffin recipe. I have tried several with blah results.

I tried a good Blueberry muffin mix from authentic foods that was great but very expensive $7.50 here. I went to there website to see if I could get the basic recipe but no such like. I am not sure what I was thinking since they make a mix.

I tried a coconut flour blueberry recipe but it didn't turn out very good. I have tried a banana bread using almond flour but it didn't turn out well either.

Thanks,

Crystal

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

eeyore Collaborator

Banana Bread

1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas

1/3 cup oil

2 eggs, lightly beaten

2 cups rice flour

3/4 cup brown sugar

1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp salt

2/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

1.Mix mashed bananas, oil, and eggs together in a large bowl and beat well.

2.In a separate bowl, combine gluten-free flour mix, brown sugar, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir into banana mixture. Stir in chopped walnuts if desired.

3.Pour into oil sprayed loaf pan (or four 2x5 mini loaf pans). Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes (45 minutes for mini-loafs) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

This one has always worked well for me. Hope you enjoy it!

missy'smom Collaborator

I like this one. It has a very nice soft, moist texture. I sub, almond meal for the flax, sorghum for the millet and omit the lemon. Open Original Shared Link

purple Community Regular

I tried this one once so far b/c its egg free. I made muffins instead of bread. They bake about 20 minutes. Super good! I subbed the arrowroot starch for cornstarch, and the rice flour for sorghum. I will making them again soon.

Open Original Shared Link

Karina has great recipes and may have a blueberry muffin recipe you could try.

I just checked, they are called blueberry sour cream muffins. FYI-She uses Pamela's baking mix.

nasalady Contributor

I have an AWESOME recipe for banana-blueberry muffins on my gluten free recipe archive blog:

(Open Original Shared Link)

The recipe is originally from Karina; she made a banana-blueberry bundt cake that's gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free:

Wonka Apprentice

Gluten free Banana Bread

1-1/3 cup gluten-free flour

3/4 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp baking powder

1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil

2/3 cup sugar

3 large eggs, lightly beaten

1 cup ripe bananas, mashed

1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional, can sub chocolate chips. See note first)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a loaf pan. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda & powder. In a large bowl, mix the oil and the sugar. Add the flour mixture to the oil mixture and beat until blended. Gradually beat in eggs. Fold in bananas and pecans. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool on a rack. It's so easy!

NOTE: When putting in the chocolate chips, I put a piece of wax paper in the bottom of the pan before buttering it, pour the batter in and then sprinkle the chips over the batter. Otherwise the chips all fall to the bottom and make the bread stick to the pan.

I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it looks good.

Gluten free muffins

Makes 6-8 large muffins

2 cups gluten-free flour mix

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp cinnamon

3 Tbsp oil (optional)

3-4 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)

2 mashed ripe bananas

1 cup berries of any kind

1 Tbsp gluten-free flour or corn starch

1 cup milk

1 tsp lemon juice

Preheat oven to 170 Celsius/ 340 Fahrenheit.

Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, mash the bananas, add the lemon juice to the milk in a separate bowl and set all three of them aside in separate bowls for a couple of minutes.

Add the milk into the dry ingredients, mix, then add the oil, syrup, mashed bananas and mix everything together. Put the blueberries into a separate bowl and mix 1 Tbsp of gluten-free flour into them gently. Add 1 Tbsp of the batter into a muffin paper, and then add 1 Tbsp blueberries on top of the batter, and finally add 1 Tbsp of batter on top the berries. Do this until you have filled all of your muffin papers.

Bake for 30-40 minutes.

• 1 month later...
hannahp57 Contributor

i use Pamela's baking mix for banana bread and it almost always turns out perfect. i use a pan slightly wider than a traditional loaf pan to make the loaf bake more quickly as it never seemed to bake all the way through before

blueberry muffin recipe i found about ten minutes ago.: (i planon giving a test as soon as i have gotten a chance to visit the store

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

samcarter Contributor

I made really good banana muffins the other day; all i did was substitute the flour called for in a traditional recipe with Gluten Free Pantry's All Purpose Flour. so easy; I didn't have to measure bits of other flours, and they came out great.

jerseyangel Proficient
Gluten free Banana Bread

1-1/3 cup gluten-free flour

3/4 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp baking powder

1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil

2/3 cup sugar

3 large eggs, lightly beaten

1 cup ripe bananas, mashed

1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional, can sub chocolate chips. See note first)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a loaf pan. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda & powder. In a large bowl, mix the oil and the sugar. Add the flour mixture to the oil mixture and beat until blended. Gradually beat in eggs. Fold in bananas and pecans. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool on a rack. It's so easy!

NOTE: When putting in the chocolate chips, I put a piece of wax paper in the bottom of the pan before buttering it, pour the batter in and then sprinkle the chips over the batter. Otherwise the chips all fall to the bottom and make the bread stick to the pan.

I made this earlier today and just tried a slice--it's delicious! I was looking for a recipe for banana bread that did not use xanthan gum, as it doesn't always agree with me.

I used light olive oil and chopped walnuts. Because ovens vary, mine was perfectly done in 50 minutes. They would also make great muffins--I made it in a loaf pan since I was all out of the little paper muffin cups :D

Thanks for helping me use up my two over-ripe bananas! :)

irish daveyboy Community Regular
I would like a good banana bread and blueberry muffin recipe. I have tried several with blah results.

I tried a good Blueberry muffin mix from authentic foods that was great but very expensive $7.50 here. I went to there website to see if I could get the basic recipe but no such like. I am not sure what I was thinking since they make a mix.

I tried a coconut flour blueberry recipe but it didn't turn out very good. I have tried a banana bread using almond flour but it didn't turn out well either.

Thanks,

Crystal

Hi Crystal,

This banana bread recipe will 'Knock Your Socks Off'.

Here's a converter that will help convert grammes to Cups and Spoons

Best Regards,

David

CeliacMom2008 Enthusiast

These are the absolute BEST blueberry muffins I have ever had. I make them regularly for "mixed" occasions (gluten-free and gluten eaters) and they always disappear quickly! Aside from the blueberries, there is nothing nutritional about them though!

1/4 cup sugar

2 tablespoons shortening

1 egg

1/4 cup oil

1/2 cup potato starch

3/4 cup cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum

1 tablespoon baking powder

2/3 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring

1 1/2 cups blueberries

topping:

1 tablespoon sugar

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.

In med. bowl cream together sugar and shortening. Add remaining ingredients except berries and mix well. Be sure there are no lumps. Gently fold in fresh blueberries.

Pour batter in greased muffin tins or tins lined with muffin cups. Fill about 2/3 full. Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture.

Bake 20-23 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and tops are lightly browned.

Enjoy!

TinaM Apprentice
These are the absolute BEST blueberry muffins I have ever had. I make them regularly for "mixed" occasions (gluten-free and gluten eaters) and they always disappear quickly! Aside from the blueberries, there is nothing nutritional about them though!

1/4 cup sugar

2 tablespoons shortening

1 egg

1/4 cup oil

1/2 cup potato starch

3/4 cup cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum

1 tablespoon baking powder

2/3 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring

1 1/2 cups blueberries

topping:

1 tablespoon sugar

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.

In med. bowl cream together sugar and shortening. Add remaining ingredients except berries and mix well. Be sure there are no lumps. Gently fold in fresh blueberries.

Pour batter in greased muffin tins or tins lined with muffin cups. Fill about 2/3 full. Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture.

Bake 20-23 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and tops are lightly browned.

Enjoy!

Looks great! Do you think I'd be able to sub tapioca starch for the corn starch? We're trying to avoid corn as best as we can. Thanks.

Archived