Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey everyone...

Well, my mother recently found out that she has celiac disease... and I think I might too. So we've decided to go on a no-gluten diet together.

Anyways, I practically LIVE off of yoplait light yogurts and I was wondering if any of you knew whether they were gluten free or not.

Where could I find out? Thanks in advance for all of your help!

~Whitney

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yoplait will list wheat,rye, barley, or oats if they contain any.Unless you see one of those ingredients on the label then it is safe. I eat Yoplait all the time :D

Yea--I eat Yoplait all the time. I think all their yogurts are gluten-free, but as a division of Kraft, they will clearly list gluten on the label. So, if it's in modified food starch, they would put parentheses after it like this: modified food starch (wheat).

Dannon said that their plain, plain low-fat, and plain no-fat yogurts are gluten-free (I called on Feb. 14 of this year), but there's controversy over them.

Guest Mari

Anybody know anything about Stoneyfield Farm yogurts. I read on one website that they were okay, but on another I read that Inulin (which is in all their yogurts) is on the forbidden list.

This comes from their website:

Does your yogurt contain gluten?

Our nonfat, lowfat and whole milk plain yogurts do not contain any gluten source ingredients. We do not add gluten to our products; however, some of the natural flavors used to make our products may contain gluten-derived stabilizers.

http://www.stonyfield.com/Wellness/Faqs.cfm

-Jessica

Guest nini

I eat Stoneyfield Farms yogurt and haven't had any problems with it. When I called the company after reading the confusing info in the e-mail I got, it was suggested that I stick with the Plain, Vanilla and the Yo Baby yogurts just to be safe, but I eat all the flavors including the squeeze tubes (I freeze em and eat em like popsicles) and so far no probs.

I know the Stoneyfield Farms told me that for their smoothies the natural flavor is grain based but they distill it so it is ok. I only drink them occasionally though.

Guest Addicted2Gluten

I was thinking of buying Stonyfield Farms yogurt the other day. I think it was one of their low carb yogurts. Does anyone know if this is gluten free?