• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

diannalynn0711

Wendy's Baked Potato?

Rate this topic

Yesterday, I had a baked potato from Wendy's. It's been a couple weeks since I have had one from there because eating out just isn't something that I do. Well I have been contaminated and my reaction started within 15 minutes of eating the baked potato. :( Now I am in misery. Does anyone know if they changed their policies? Are the baked potatoes not gluten-free anymore?

Thanks.

Yesterday, I had a baked potato from Wendy's. It's been a couple weeks since I have had one from there because eating out just isn't something that I do. Well I have been contaminated and my reaction started within 15 minutes of eating the baked potato. :( Now I am in misery. Does anyone know if they changed their policies? Are the baked potatoes not gluten-free anymore?

Thanks.

I don't know.

Did you have a BP & chives, or a loaded one? I've had the BP & chives several times (not lately though) without incident. I use my own butter as I prefer real butter to the "air spread" they provide. Love those little packets of sour cream though. You tear off a corner of that wax paper wierdly twisted triangle shaped package (what's the geometric shape?), and you can really control your sour cream distribution. I like to squeeze a little dollop on each bite. That way you get that hot/cold sensation.

Sorry, I'm digressing. Anyway, one time, in band camp, someone brought me a Wendy's BP that had all the other goop on it. I took one bite and decided not to eat the rest. Just seemed too risky. Sometimes ya just get a bad "gut" feeling. A Celiac moment. Better safe than sorry thing.

Ok, If anyones still with me and likes dog stories, here's one. One of our daughters is living here now and has a Doberman, LuLu. I was eating a Wendy's BP w/chives in the living room. I set my tray down on the coffee table to get something in the kitchen, and when I got back my full sour cream package was gone. Never found it. She ate the whole thing, package and all. Dogs aren't very adept at controlling they're sour cream distribution. :lol:

best regards, lm

you must have a very fast digestive system getting the gluten to you intestines in 15 minutes or less.

btw baked potatoes are a high risk food for borne illnesses

do to the speed and potential amount of gluten (no matter the sensitivity) you might want to consider a non-gluten sensitivity this time around

The one time I screwed up enough courage to try a BP at Wendy's, they were out, and I couldn't wait 15 min. for fresh ones.

What concerns me about them is simply the potential for CC, with the kitchen staff so busy handling burger buns all day.

I'd love to hear that people regularly do well with them, as I'm plenty tired of chili, which I go for just because no one has to ever touch the food itself.

I don't know.

Did you have a BP & chives, or a loaded one? I've had the BP & chives several times (not lately though) without incident. I use my own butter as I prefer real butter to the "air spread" they provide. Love those little packets of sour cream though. You tear off a corner of that wax paper wierdly twisted triangle shaped package (what's the geometric shape?), and you can really control your sour cream distribution. I like to squeeze a little dollop on each bite. That way you get that hot/cold sensation.

Sorry, I'm digressing. Anyway, one time, in band camp, someone brought me a Wendy's BP that had all the other goop on it. I took one bite and decided not to eat the rest. Just seemed too risky. Sometimes ya just get a bad "gut" feeling. A Celiac moment. Better safe than sorry thing.

Ok, If anyones still with me and likes dog stories, here's one. One of our daughters is living here now and has a Doberman, LuLu. I was eating a Wendy's BP w/chives in the living room. I set my tray down on the coffee table to get something in the kitchen, and when I got back my full sour cream package was gone. Never found it. She ate the whole thing, package and all. Dogs aren't very adept at controlling they're sour cream distribution. :lol:

best regards, lm

:lol::lol: larry mac you're crackin' me up!! :lol::lol:

I'm the same way, I know when I've eaten gluten, only takes 15 to 20 minutes before I'm heading the bathroom.

I've given up fast food places for eating. There is no way they can not contaminate some of the gluten free items they serve. Might be ok for some people who aren't as sensitive but not for me. I think I'd react if someone was talking about making bread. lol

I usually know if I've been glutened within 15 or 20 minutes too. I'm glad I saw this thread because I had been thinking about trying Wendy's. I'll stick to the butter, chives and sour cream.

I'll keep it away from my dog though.. :lol:

I had a dog when I was little that ate a whole chocolate Santa that was wrapped in tinfoil, with a $5 bill wrapped around it with a rubber band and wrapped in Christmas paper. There was nothing left but the bow. :lol:

Nancy

I made sure to get it plain because that is the only way that I knew that they were gluten free and I always tell them how to handle them. Im not sure if maybe it was just CC with handling or what. I know before it has been fine for me to eat them, but I have only had them maybe 3 or 4 times. :(

Im actually very sensitive to contaminations. My body freaks out within 15 minutes or so. It did almost kill me before they diagnosed it though, so maybe my body has had enough?? lol Im not sure how it works so fast to be honest.

My friends actually joke with me that I should take a bite of something and wait the amount of time to see if I can eat it. Im not that brave though. I dont want to go through more misery than I have to.

I dont have a dog, but my cat sure does love the sour cream also. She dont eat the package though. She tries to lick the sour cream off the end of the potato that I am not eating. She thinks she is sneaky but I always catch her. Its cute. Gotta love animals! :)

I think Im going to just stay away from the baked potatoes. I dont know about anyone else but once I am contaminated once I dont like to try it again out of fear. Thanks for all the info though guys! I appreciate it.

Im new to the forum and I tried a different forum before and there was too much fighting and drama. I love everyone on this one! Everyone is so knowledgeable and helpful! Thanks a mill guys! :)

Im new to the forum and I tried a different forum before and there was too much fighting and drama.

Wait 'till Wednesday night. That's fightin and drama night! :o

best regards, lm

She ate the whole thing, package and all. Dogs aren't very adept at controlling they're sour cream distribution. :lol:

Sorry if this gets too off-topic but...I once had a Doberman pup that ate my hair scrunchie. I put it down and turned around and in 10 seconds he had swallowed the whole thing. Whole! I thought :huh: "nah! he couldn't have eaten that huge thing!" but the next day...sure enough...he proved it. ;) I was shocked! Dobies are never in it for the flavor, that's for sure. They never eat slowly enough to taste anything! :lol:

Wait 'till Wednesday night. That's fightin and drama night! :o

best regards, lm

Or wait until someone mentions McDonald's french fries! :lol::lol::lol: