Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the ingredients dont look suspicious. there is caremal color and vanillin which could possably have it though.

i got really sick after eating them. anyone know off hand if they are safe?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Definitely call the company to make sure. Gluten can be hidden under those types of things so it's best to be sure before you eat them.

i thought i would check here first to see if anyone knew offhand. i am sure you guys know what a drag it can be to be on hold with places like that <_< and even when you get them on the phone half the time they dont even know.....

I purchased them last year as party favors and I had to remind my husband not to eat them because there was something gluteny on the ingredients label (I just don't recall what it was...)

So, I guess a re-check is in order by calling company.

wow...i have two different kinds...i had only read the label on the white chocholate ones....but i just read the label on the regular chocholate and it does indeed have malt powder in it.

i used to be so careful w/ labels...but have found that most chocholate is ok...so i got kind of lazy with reading labels on choc.

i guess this will teach me to be more careful ;)

its weird how fast my body reacts to gluten...i had awful pains within minutes of eating them. my body always knows.

I contacted Lindt last year after my kids were given some of their Truffles in church. LINDT'S ARE NOT gluten-free. The company responded to that effect. So, please, do not eat Lindt's truffles.

Libby.