Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bklyn

Pepsid Complete

I just called to check on Pepsid Complete and was told that are "testing" to see if it is gluten-free. They did not have a date as to when they would know. I thought I read on this forum that it was gluten-free. Should I take it?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I wrote to them last week. I'm taking Pepcid AC for heartburn/ulcers. Here's their response...Go Figure.

Tabitha

Thank you for visiting our website.

We hope you became more familiar with our PEPCID AC and MYLANTA ® products during your visit to the site. In reference to your inquiry concerning the gluten content in our products, I have listed below the products which have been tested and do not contain detectable levels of gluten.

Children's TYLENOL ® Plus Cold and Cough Chewable Tablets

Children's TYLENOL ® Suspension Grape Flavored Liquid Extra Strength

TYLENOL ® Caplets Extra Strength

TYLENOL ® PM Gelcaps Maximum Strength

TYLENOL ® Allergy Sinus Caplets

TYLENOL ® Arthritis Pain Extended Release Caplets

Infants' TYLENOL ® Cherry Concentrated Drops

Imodium ® AD Caplets

Children's Motrin ® Cold Non-Staining Dye Free Oral Suspension

Children's Motrin ® Non-Staining Dye Free Oral Suspension

Infants' Motrin ® Non-staining Dye Free Concentrated Drops

For the remainder of McNeil's products: Glutens are naturally-occurring proteins found in grains such as wheat, rye, barley and oats, but are not found in corn. The source of starch in this formulation is corn. Other inactive ingredients may be derived from a source other than corn. We are not aware of published reports associating the use of our products according to package label directions with a worsening of symptoms in patients with celiac disease. We hope this information is helpful.

hi , i am new at all this gluten-free as it has only been about 6weeks that my blood work came back 99%positive . i too was using pepsid ac and was still having problems when i noticed a few days i forgot to take it and had felt better, i was keeping a food diary as i still need to follow up with other doctors. i too called and was told that only there swallow tablet was ok. i prefered not to take the chance though so am now on nexium and having good results, it is gluten free i had my drug store call and confirm while i waited . hope this helps , i too am running to to more questions then answers right now. this forat has been a great help . thank you all so much for all your input rosie :lol:

hi , i am new at all this gluten-free as it has only been about 6weeks that my blood work came back 99%positive . i too was using pepsid ac and was still having problems when i noticed a few days i forgot to take it and had felt better, i was keeping a food diary as i still need to follow up with other doctors. i too called and was told that only there swallow tablet was ok. i prefered not to take the chance though so am now on nexium and having good results, it is gluten free i had my drug store call and confirm while i waited . hope this helps , i too am running in to more questions then answers right now. this fomat has been a great help . thank you all so much for all your input rosie :lol: