Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa16

Sprueberg-- A Gluten Free City

Sniffle, sob, sniffle...yes, and never again having to be asked by the other kids, "But what's wrong with you? Why do you have to eat that?" :( i needz a hug

(((((hug)))))

I know how difficult it can sometimes be for us adults to eat out or with others, and I can just imagine how hard it is for a child. :( Your little one is lucky to have a mom like you :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

Did anyone mention gluten-free grocery stores...they could be called Normal Foods.

Everything in the store is gluten-free. Free samples on all the aisles so you can try it before buying it.

No WF or TJ in our state...sob

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Join eNewsletter

No WF or TJ in our state...sob

No, there will be Whole Foods (with "normal" prices) and Trader Joes; they will just not be allowed to have any gluten-containing products. We are not into depriving ourselves here, just enhancing our quality of life. There will be dairy-free and soy-free milkshakes, ice cream and chocolate all over the place and they will all be delish! In fact, no non-yum food will be allowed over the border. Bread will be crusty on the outside and soft and/or chewy on the inside and the smells will waft all over Sprueville. Oh, I can't wait.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Could we have one day a year that we put laxatives and sleeping pills into the desserts of unsuspecting criminals who attempt to break the gluten free laws. Maybe negligent manufacturers/ chefs/ and in-laws could be on that list.

Hmmm. That makes me sound a little crazy. Hmmm. I'll share the devious side of my brain anyway.

Join eNewsletter

Or perhaps we can have huge tp emporioms-- big as Sam's Club-- where tp connoisseurs can go to find their favorites. We can even have imported brands and specialty brands (featuring little pictures for kids or frames of comics for entertainment purposes.) You can even get colors to coordinate with your bathroom walls! Imagine aisle after aisle of tp!

Join eNewsletter

Do you mean instead of those colored plastic balls that kids like to jump in we could have an olympic sized pool filled with colored rolls of tp for adults to play in? <G>

Or perhaps we can have huge tp emporioms-- big as Sam's Club-- where tp connoisseurs can go to find their favorites. We can even have imported brands and specialty brands (featuring little pictures for kids or frames of comics for entertainment purposes.) You can even get colors to coordinate with your bathroom walls! Imagine aisle after aisle of tp!

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter