This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Is Eo 28?

jmjsmomma

jmjsmomma Apprentice

I've seen several posts where kids are getting EO 28 and I was wondering if someone could please tell me what it is and what it does for Celiac kids? Thx!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

bear6954 Apprentice

My son is on EO28 Splash. It is for children who have issues getting vits the normal way. The box says its for kids ages 1-10 who have GI impairment, EE, reflux, short bowel syndrome and other medical conditons for which an amino acid based diet is required. Its hypoallergenic and gluten and casien free. My sons dietation recommended it because my son is still having a hard time getting the calories and vits needed to grow. He is only taking in around 900 calories and he needs atleast 1200. Its a formula that is flavored and broken down for easy digestion, so that the small intestine does not have to work so hard to digest it. If you google EO28 Splash you will come up with the main website that explains more about its products. It has worked wonders in 10 days for my son. He finally began to get his 2 yr molar. I was beginning to think he did not have them. He has more energy and is not eating like he is starving anymore - he is eating more like a normal kid - 3 main meals and 2 or three snacks. Before, he ate all the time - about 1 lb of pasta a day. By the way, it is very expensive.

jmjsmomma Apprentice

Thank you Bear for the response. I will google it and check it out. My 5 yo eats tons of fresh veggies/fruits/meat but what good is it if he is not getting it absorbed? And he has not seen any weight/height change since being gluten free in Jan.

bear6954 Apprentice

My son grew after going gluten free - 5" but he only gained one pound. In all reality he lost weight. He is not on the growth chart. He also has EE and refuses to eat meat. We just had blood work done and his liver enzymes are through the room still and the ultrasound showed his liver at 13 cm (the size of an adults). He has also become hypoglycemic. They are doing a liver biopsy next friday to see what is goin on. They are trying to diagnose him with another disease cause glycogen storage disease. If he is diagnosed with it he can not have any type of table sugar, fruit or any dairy products. I think his symptoms are from malnutrition. His belly has gotten much smaller and his blood sugar levels after 5 hours are now in the normal range. My son eats a lot of pasta and corn, but no fruits (bananas only) and no other veggies. The stuff tastes really bad, so I mix it with crystal light. If you do order it make sure a dietition tells you how much to give him - it goes by body weight. Also, I noticed that dairy gives my son some of the same symptoms as celiacs so we have really limited that. Hope this helps you!

jmjsmomma Apprentice

I hope and pray you get some good news on your kiddo. Thanks again for the info, it does help. My son has his 3 month gluten free repeat bloodwork in two weeks, if we have any problems we are heading to a dietician as I have the opposite problem....this boy loves his good food (he is the ONLY one of my three and while I hate his diagnosis he sure makes it easy)!

Archived