Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mindiloo

Good Gluten Free Bagels Or English Muffins...

Only drawback is Joan's bagels cook in oven. . by the time my oven heats up and the bagel cooks, I'm looking at a 1/2 hour breakfast, which just isn't practical given my love of the snooze-button!! -- great on weekends, though!

Mmmm snooze button! I stick them in the oven while I'm getting ready!

About 4 months ago I had this exact same craving. Joan's great bakes came to the rescue! English muffin pizzas and bagels?! My celiac dreams have been answered!

Only drawback is Joan's bagels cook in oven. . by the time my oven heats up and the bagel cooks, I'm looking at a 1/2 hour breakfast, which just isn't practical given my love of the snooze-button!! -- great on weekends, though!

I don't like to wait either so I usually take 2-3 of her bagels or English muffins, bake them and THEN wrap them individually and freeze them. They reheat very well.

I have no experience with no-gluten English muffins, but if you want to make bagels, I swear by this recipe. I make it using xanthan gum rather than the other suggested possible binders, and the results are not just that usual "this is pretty good for not using wheat flour" experience you are probably used to. They come out darn near indistinguishable from regular bagels. It's an excellent recipe. My only warning about it is that it really doesn't make that many bagels; I suggest doubling the recipe in order to have enough breads of any real size to them.

Wonka, I just made the english muffins...easy, fast, and delish...I put fresh strawberry freezer jam on mine :P Thanks again for the recipe!

Wonka, I just made the english muffins...easy, fast, and delish...I put fresh strawberry freezer jam on mine :P Thanks again for the recipe!

You're welcome. I like to make a double batch and keep a supply in the freezer. Yum.