Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lesliean

Enterolab Test Results

Results are back: HLA-DQB1*0501, 0604

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype, 5,6)

You have two copies of a gene (HLA-DQB1) that predisposes to gluten sensitivity

Help? What do you think? Antibodies and absorbtion were right below cutoff but isn't this the neurological presentinig gene that Dr. Hadjivassiliou discovered?

Do I need to commit to gluten-free for life just as much as if I had DQ2 of DQ8?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest barbara3675

My results were:

Molecular analysis: HLA-DQB1*0603,0301

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,3 (Subtype 6,7)

I have been gluten-free since August and feel much better than when I wasn't. My granddaughter has celiac disease, so we know it is in the family and I don't want to get it, so I choose to eat gluten-free. If I get gluten, I get uncontrollable diarreah, but don't get sick to my stomach like she does. Through the testing they told me I am also sensitive to cow's milk. Now since being gluten-free for some time, I can use most cow's milk products except milk itself. I use rice milk in it't place. I hope other people respond to your thread.

Barbara

1st-Lesliean-you do not have to have the gene to be celiac. When you are a celiac no matter what gene you have you must follow the diet...no more or less then other celiacs....celiacs just need to follow a gluten-free diet. So if you are celiac you need to be gluten-free for life.

2nd-Barbara-when you have gluten you have a reaction...it does not have to be the same as your granddaughters in order for you to have celiac. Some people do not get symptoms, and there are over 200 symptoms so there is a wide variety of symptoms from person to person.