Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Sunscreen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Coppertone is safe :D

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

You're better off with a gluten-free sunscreen, though it's not 100% necessary. The gluten molecule is too large to be absorbed through the skin. If, however, you have sunscreen on your hands and then eat something w/o first washing them, you could get contaminated. So with children, it's probably advisable.

I reacted to Neutrogena suncreen and I didn't realize that it had gluten in it.

celiac3270 is right, but if you put suncreen on your face and then sweat... it will go into your mouth. That's how I got sick (I bought Neutrogena suncreen for my face). I use Banana Boat with no problems.

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

Only some Neutrogena products are gluten-free. I posted under products a while ago a list of gluten free products by them..take a look at it to make sure :D

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

The Neutrogena suncreen I used had oat extract in it. I had to look at the non-medcial ingredients, which were not on the bottle (I had to look online).

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

Archived