Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian Karen

Need A Quick Answer!

After months of nagging my sister to get tested, she finally agreed and told me yesterday her appointment is for tomorrow. She said when she was talking to the secretary, and told her that one of the things her appt. was for was a celiac test, the secretary said she wasn't sure what that was and she didn't think the dr. would know either.....

Can anyone post exactly what tests are supposed be requisitioned for? What tests does my sister tell the doctor to ask for....

Thanks for any help!

Karen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Here is what she needs tested for: :D

-Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA

-Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG

-Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA

-Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA

-Total Serum IgA

Thanks! Kaiti!!! ;)

You so rock!!!!! :rolleyes:

Hope you had a great Easter......

Karen

haha :D

You so rock too Karen B)B)

I had a great Easter I hope you did too....Good luck with your sis :D

Guest Viola

Let us know how she makes out Karen :) I do hope the doctor agrees to do the tests. Both my daughters had trouble convincing the doctors to do it, even when they told them their mother was Celiac.

Just curious, are these family practice type drs, or GI's? I suspect that my dd has celiac, and am awaiting results via enterolab after getting tired of the wait. I want to get myself tested too, but the expense of enterolab isn't an option. Can I just go to my family Dr. and get these tests run, or will he want to ship me off?

Jess

My GI doc ordered these tests done for me but really any doctor can order them done. A family doctor or GI can give orders for these blood tests.The doctor will give you a lab sheet and you go to the lab to get blood drawn and a few days later you'll have the results.