Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kimis

Today Is My 1 Year Anniversary :)

I have been on the gluten free diet for one whole year today.......wow! It seems like just yesterday I was eating bread that doesn't coast 5 bucks a loaf. I have to say that in three or four extreme moments of weakness I may have taken a bit of my daughters food without her looking. It's hard being the only celiac in the house, especially when I do ALL of the cooking for the gluten eaters. Every once in a while I will make them a meal that is completely gluten free and not tell them. Then I laugh to myself when they console me for not being able to eat "real" food.

I am a little upset that none of my family members had anything to say about my anniversary. I had hoped than when I got home today there would have been a big gluten free cake from some special bakery with "congatulations on your first year of gluten freeness" on it.............but, there was nothing. At this point I would be happy with....."Hey Kim, I can't belive you have been on the diet for a year now." I guess nobody in my house looks a the calander.......which I had circled today with a big red marker, and wrote "KIM GLUTEN FREE ONE YEAR TODAY!!!!!!!!!"

oh well.........

Happy Anniversary!!

Maybe they are hiding their surprise for later?? hopefully?? =)

....."Hey Kim, I can't belive you have been on the diet for a year now."

Seriously, grats to you! I say screw the gluten-free cake (hehe), go have a girls day out, get the toes/nails done, buy yourself a new outfit, maybe a massage...you deserve it. B)

Congrats on a difficult job, well done! Your "gluten-free family" on here wishes you a Happy Anniversary!!

;):P:D:lol:B):rolleyes::):blink:;):P:D:lol:B):rolleyes::):blink:-_-:wub::wub::P

We all wub you!!!

even the twins

This is a big day!

One whole year of taking care of your body for you and for the people you love.

They may not get it, but it certainly is cause for celebration!

DOWN WITH GLUTEN, UP WITH PARTYING!!!!!!!!!!

You're my hero...heroine..both! One year is a huge milestone. Think of your mindset a year ago and how you handle it all now. Changing your whole life while caring for a family is no easy task but you did it and did it well. Someday when someone you know will face a big challenge, they're going to look to you and say, if she can do it, maybe I can too.

Congrats!!! I'm only 3 months gluten free, but feel so much better I wouldn't trade it. My family probably wouldn't notice it, either. But - who cares! I'm happy. And getting healthy. Anyway, good job. Can't wait till I get there.

I'm a newbie...11 days gluten-free. You all are a great comfort and inspiration!

Happy Anniversary to YOU!!!! Way to go!!!!