This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Possibility I Have Celiac Or Not?...

Clobro

Clobro Newbie

Hi,.. I'm new to this forum and havea few questions... I'm 21 years old and for the past 6-7 Months I started feeling very odd.. well actually how I noticed this all was when I started trying to lose weight.. I wanted to be fit.. I'm currently 6'1'' 190 pounds.. and I was originaly 225 pounds.. I started working out ... jogging.. eating healthier.. (Cutting beer out to a minimum of 1-2 a week oppossed to having a couple almost every day and partying and drinking a crap load of beer on the weekends) I also started eating alot of whole wheat bread and cereal instead of white... ate quite abit of pasta aswell especially before I would play Hockey.. I started getting concerned once i was losing quite abit of weight.. It was never this easy in the past for me to do this.. I seemed to just be shedding weight left and right.. to date I would say I've lost about 30-35 pounds in a 6-7 month time frame.. anyway to keep things short.. here's the symptoms ive experianced..

Rash- Mainly on my scalp and chest.. Inner thighs back.. arms and butt (The rah on my scalp I thought was just pimples or something.. i would kinda scratch at the mand they would be liquidy.. my hairdresser even mentioned they looked like an allergic reaction... the ones on my butt were the same.. and the ones on my inner thighs and arms were more of a itchy red rash which i thought was just caused by sweating and being irritated.

Depression and Nervousness- My grandma was recently diagnosed with colon cancer and my mom was very sick for awhile <-- Could be caused from that

Edgy- I've been edgy and very snappy for no apparent reason when people say things or ask me something..

Constipation- I've experianced consipation a few time in the past 6 or so months

Diarhea- Same thing as constipation

Fatigue- I've experianced some fatigue.. but the same could be said about feeling energetic.. Since i've lost this weight I do feel alot more energetic.. but from time to time i get random bouts of Fatigue

Palpitations- Ectopic heartbeats and the feeling of my heart pumping

Dizziness- Pretty says it

Fuzzy thoughts

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

hannahp57 Contributor
Hi,.. I'm new to this forum and havea few questions... I'm 21 years old and for the past 6-7 Months I started feeling very odd.. well actually how I noticed this all was when I started trying to lose weight.. I wanted to be fit.. I'm currently 6'1'' 190 pounds.. and I was originaly 225 pounds.. I started working out ... jogging.. eating healthier.. (Cutting beer out to a minimum of 1-2 a week oppossed to having a couple almost every day and partying and drinking a crap load of beer on the weekends) I also started eating alot of whole wheat bread and cereal instead of white... ate quite abit of pasta aswell especially before I would play Hockey.. I started getting concerned once i was losing quite abit of weight.. It was never this easy in the past for me to do this.. I seemed to just be shedding weight left and right.. to date I would say I've lost about 30-35 pounds in a 6-7 month time frame.. anyway to keep things short.. here's the symptoms ive experianced..

Rash- Mainly on my scalp and chest.. Inner thighs back.. arms and butt (The rah on my scalp I thought was just pimples or something.. i would kinda scratch at the mand they would be liquidy.. my hairdresser even mentioned they looked like an allergic reaction... the ones on my butt were the same.. and the ones on my inner thighs and arms were more of a itchy red rash which i thought was just caused by sweating and being irritated.

Depression and Nervousness- My grandma was recently diagnosed with colon cancer and my mom was very sick for awhile <-- Could be caused from that

Edgy- I've been edgy and very snappy for no apparent reason when people say things or ask me something..

Constipation- I've experianced consipation a few time in the past 6 or so months

Diarhea- Same thing as constipation

Fatigue- I've experianced some fatigue.. but the same could be said about feeling energetic.. Since i've lost this weight I do feel alot more energetic.. but from time to time i get random bouts of Fatigue

Palpitations- Ectopic heartbeats and the feeling of my heart pumping

Dizziness- Pretty says it

Fuzzy thoughts

hannahp57 Contributor

I would say get tested. You have more symptoms than I ever did. Mine were limited to stomach problems mainly.

bloating

diahrrea

constipation

fatigue

naseu

loss of appetite

pain in my stomach

even the fuzzy thoughts

and the rash is probably dh (look up dh and celiac disease and find pictures, see if there are similarities) but I have never experienced that. I also found that even when I touch bread a lot (like working in a bakery) I would be sick the next day. I recommend at least the blood test because you have nothing to lose in doing that.

Archived