Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):



Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):


Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recommended Posts


Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):


It does sound a whole lot like what some of us go through when we have a gluten accident. The name for it is entirely appropriate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems logical...I don't personally have this problem but I know some people on the board do...thanks for sharing :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a recently diagnosed celiac patient. I did not have really severe symptoms when diagnosed, but they were enough to definitely cause me some major problems. I have never had a severe reaction to gluten, but I am worried that once I go completely gluten free that I will have a bad reaction if I accidentally eat gluten. What can I expect? Is it likely that I will have a severe reaction because my body will have low tolerance to gluten? I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Peaches:

I can only tell you about my experiences. Once I went gluten free my body seemed to become less tolerant to gluten. If I get gluten in my body I feel it right away in my stomach, I get sick, the pain comes back.

The only thing I can figure is our bodies become more pure and less tolerant of gluten.

I have never experienced gluten shock though, and I hope I never do. It sounds awful.

Try not to worry too much, just be careful. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest nini

during the last year before my diagnosis, I had quite a few episodes of "gluten shock" usually after eating out at a restaurant or at a family dinner where there were a lot of bready gluten dishes served. I didn't realize at the time that I was poisoning myself by eating those meals... I ended up at Urgent Care or the emergency room on several occasions because I thought I was having a heart attack, and the vomiting would not stop. This is a very scary condition, and I literally thought I was dying (and I probably would be if I hadn't gotten diagnosed with celiac). There is NO chance that I will ever willingly ingest gluten ever ever again because I don't ever want to feel like that again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peaches

The longer you are gluten free the more sensitive you will become. I am very sensitive and usually have nausea and anxiety for about 2 weeks after accidentally ingesting any amount of gluten. I don't have gluten shock like some people do. Try not to worry about it too much and if you do get it at least you will know what it is. Just be careful about keeping gluten free. Good luck :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites