Rate this topic

Hello, I am having trouble finding sun dried tomatoes ...is California sun- dry brand ok? ...A lot of the ohter brands have the tomatoes soaked in sunflower oil which is a no no for my boyfriend (whom i am cooking for) Some of the other california sun dry tomato products say that they are made in a factory that processes tree nuts and wheat ....but it does not say that on the canned tomatoes so maybe they are ok ? i dont know! please help!

Not sure: Got this from a cached version of the "Gluten Free Project." They may be okay-- I'm waiting for a phonecall back. :)

California Sun•Dry - Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Ingredients: 

basil puree (water, basil) sun-dried tomatoes (preserved with sulfting agents), canola oil, garlic, parmesan cheese, pasteurized milk culture, rennet, enzyme, salt, sugar, almonds, salt,extra virgin olive oil,phosphoric acid, soy lecithin, xanthan gum

Allergen Warning

This product lists the following ingredients
that are known to contain or may contain

Ingredient Allergen Almonds Tree nuts Milk Dairy Parmesan cheese Dairy Soy lecithin Soy Enzyme Corn Dairy Grain Rennet Dairy Sugar Corn Xanthan gum Corn Soy Dairy
FODMAP Information
This product contains the following ingredients which may contain FODMAPs
(Fermentable, Oligosaccharide, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides, and Polyols):
Garlic, Milk
FODMAPs are believed to contribute to GI discomfort in some individuals suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Click here for more information.
Legal Disclaimer

GlutenFreedomProject.com cannot and does not warrant that any food listed on this Website that you consume will be allergen-free.

The actual product packaging and ingredients may be different than what is listed for the products on this Website. If you have a food allergy or intolerance, we strongly recommend that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.

Not sure: Got this from a cached version of the "Gluten Free Project." They may be okay-- I'm waiting for a phonecall back. :)

California Sun•Dry - Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Ingredients: 

basil puree (water, basil) sun-dried tomatoes (preserved with sulfting agents), canola oil, garlic, parmesan cheese, pasteurized milk culture, rennet, enzyme, salt, sugar, almonds, salt,extra virgin olive oil,phosphoric acid, soy lecithin, xanthan gum

Allergen Warning

This product lists the following ingredients

that are known to contain or may contain

Ingredient Allergen Almonds Tree nuts Milk Dairy Parmesan cheese Dairy Soy lecithin Soy Enzyme Corn Dairy Grain Rennet Dairy Sugar Corn Xanthan gum Corn Soy Dairy
FODMAP Information
This product contains the following ingredients which may contain FODMAPs
(Fermentable, Oligosaccharide, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides, and Polyols):
Garlic, Milk
FODMAPs are believed to contribute to GI discomfort in some individuals suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Click here for more information.
Legal Disclaimer

GlutenFreedomProject.com cannot and does not warrant that any food listed on this Website that you consume will be allergen-free.

The actual product packaging and ingredients may be different than what is listed for the products on this Website. If you have a food allergy or intolerance, we strongly recommend that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.

The member you replied to has not been active for 7 years.  You will most likely NOT get a reply,  

Colleen

The member you replied to has not been active for 7 years.  You will most likely NOT get a reply,  

Colleen

That's okay!  I'm doing the research too.  Maybe if someone google's celiac and sundried tomatoes, they'll see these posts and get some answers.  As for the answer, California Sundried Tomatos called me back and said that their tomatos were run over a cleaned BUT compromised line. So, if anyone seems sensitve (as I am), they may not want to eat them. :)