• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

agray0527

Chocolate Wedding Cake Gluten Free

Rate this topic

I don't have a recipe, but I had one made from a really good mix last year for my birthday. I'll take a look when I go to the health food store today to see what brand it was. It was delicious and very moist...not grainy at all.

I understand your dilemma. I will probably be getting married before too long and am already worried about what I'm going to do for cake. I think I may just end up doing one small layer gluten-free and the rest regular. Either that, or cheesecake, which is probably doable since we plan on having a small wedding.

We have been testing mixes for our wedding cake, and we're down to a tie between Gluten Free Pantry and Pamela's. They are both very good, the Pamela's is a bit denser than the Gluten Free Pantry but is also more intense on the chocolate. Both of them would work very well.

Elonwy,

Pamela's states on the pkg that you can lighten it up with the additon of another egg. I don't have a pkg here to look at but there is a reg version & a lighter version listed...

For a mix we would take Pamela's hands down.....

Happy weddings girls....

I have been cooking gluten free for over 20 years; and believe me when I say I have never tasted a chocolate cake, gluten free or otherwise, that is as good as Namaste Chocolate Cake Mix. It is available at health food stores or at namastefoods.com. It is dark and rich and moist; and it stays fresh tasting for many days. I have a website gift basket business and it is the most requested item asked for. I am a very discerning cook; but after coming across this mix, I wouldn't dream of using anything else. It is truly wonderful.

Good luck!

I make this cake more often than any other. For my 50th birthday party last year I made this, sliced each cake lengthwise to get 4 layers. I placed the ganache icing inbetween the cut slices of both cakes then used a regular buttercream icing to finish the cake. I was the only gluten free person at the party and the cake was a great hit.

Gluten Free Chocolate Cake

1/2 cup sorghum flour

1/2 cup tapioca flour

1/2 cup rice flour

1 cup cocoa, sifted

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum

3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature (if you use unsalted, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the dry ingredients)

3/4 cup brown sugar

1 cup granulated sugar

3 large eggs

2 egg yolks

2 teaspoons vanilla

1 1/2 cups buttermilk

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9

ANYBODY HAVE A REALLY GOOD GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE WEDDING CAKE RECIPE THAT MY GUESTS WILL LOVE TOO????? PLEASEEEE HELPPPP... THIS IS URGENT. LOL.

I'm not sure how long you have been gluten free. So I have two options for you. If you are not 100% sure on which boxed cakes yet and want to try and save a little money perhaps, try a regular chocolate cake mix recipe, but use replacement all purpose flour. I purchased BETTER BATTER flour from GlutenFreeMall.com and made chocolate chip cookies for my very picky 8 yr old son with celiac. He couldn't tell the difference. Nor could we! I can't wait to make him RedVelvetCake, which you can't find gluten-free anywhere.

You can also make Pamela's (which I have not tried the cake yet, but love the brownies and pancake/waffle mix) or any other boxed cake mix (I've tried Cherry Brook farms and enjoyed) and decide for yourself what you like best.

Another option would be to have the bakery or whomever make two seperate cakes. One gluten-free and one regular unless you must have all gluten-free at the wedding.

Find a bakery or specialty food store that makes gluten-free baked goods and ask if they can make your wedding cake since they usually close down for a day or two in order to clean the kitchen. They can substitute gluten-free flour in their bakery recipe.

BETTER BATTER all purpose flour IS JUST LIKE THE REAL THING! Go to glutenfreemall.com and read the reviews. It's worth the $$$. Now just find a recipe and have a beautiful wedding!

Let me know what you decided!