Rondar2001

First Anniversary

Rate this topic

Today my daughter has been gluten free for 1 whole year. I can't believe the difference!

She has gained almost 20 lbs and 3 inches and looks healthy.

I remember my first shopping trip to Walmart, I bought potato flour (even thought I had no clue what to do with it) and Lays potato chips as these were all I could find that I knew were safe for her. I ended up in tears in the isle wondering what I was going to feed this child.

Now I find the diet second nature, I've even managed to control my dislike of baking to make her cookies and muffins on a regular basis. Its amazing how so many dishes we used to eat can be safe for her just by swapping out regular flour with a gluten free blend.

For all you newbies, it does get better - quicker than you can imagine right now.

For all of those that have been there, done that, thank you so much for all of your great advice to get us to this point!

Congrats!! That first year is the hardest to get through. :) It is amazing how quickly things improve, especially in little ones. Glad things are looking up!! Happy Anniversary!

-Jessica

Congrats on the 1 year anniversary!!! So happy to hear your daughter is flourishing. :-)

I hit my 1 yr mark in April, and yes the first 6 months were tough but it does keep getting easier. And I too have become a regular baker after having an aversion to baking for as long as can remember.

erin

Awesome! Congrats on one year! I agree, it does get better with time and does seem pretty normal now. Her weight gain and growth is amazing. I wish we would see that at our one year mark but it's not looking that way. GOOD JOB Mom and Daughter!

Susan

Kudos to your daughter and her amazing recovery!! Also thanks to you Mom for caring enough to get a diagnosis and all the battles you have fought for her. She very lucky to have such a caring parent!