Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm new to discovering the symptoms for celiac disease although I've suffered for years with digestion problems. Has anyone suffered with nausea after eating wheat and also with constipation? Not sure if this is a symptom for celiac disease. If I eat wheat I suffer with nausea the next day and break out in a sweat with it. I am allergic to wheat but wondering if my bloating, constipation, nausea, cramps, etc. could possibly be related to celiac disease?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm new to discovering the symptoms for celiac disease although I've suffered for years with digestion problems. Has anyone suffered with nausea after eating wheat and also with constipation? Not sure if this is a symptom for celiac disease. If I eat wheat I suffer with nausea the next day and break out in a sweat with it. I am allergic to wheat but wondering if my bloating, constipation, nausea, cramps, etc. could possibly be related to celiac disease?

Hi GWMAW,

There are tons of varying symptoms for celiac disease. It seems to affect different people in different ways. But, constipation and diarrhea are some common ones posted here. Nausea and sweating are not uncommon either. I used to start sweating during my sleep. And my stomach has often let me know it didn't like me eating gluten. Have you had the antibody tests done for gliaden? That is a good first step in testing, and just takes a blood sample.

My impression is when people talk about wheat allergy, they are often thinking about the breathing, eyes and skin symptoms that people sometimes get with hayfever. Celiac reactions are focused more on the digestive system. Some people do have both wheat allergy and celiac disease, they are not exclusive. I have hayfever, and was tested as allergic to trees and grasses, among other things. Celiac is not a super rare thing, so it is possible you have it.

Welcome to the gluten-free forum too! :)

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul