Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bethe444

Confusion Now Over.

Recently I posted regarding genetic testing results, which the nurse at my docs office said were negative. I went to the doctor today so he could explain the results, and I'm glad I did. The genetic tests were never done. It seems to be that here in Michigan -- atleast the part I live in (Suburbs) they do not have access to the test. I would love to have it done, but Im not sure if insurance would cover it -- I probobly should for my family. The funny thing is that when we went over the tests today. He said I did not test positive for sprue. However, in early April the Sprue, Iga, Igg -gliadin panel was high (ofcourse when I was not gluten free). The tests he read today were taken a month later -- gluten free. So now I know - especially being B12 anemic and feeling much better staying away from gluten. I just wanted to share, and if anyone has any idea on how I can get the genetic testing (at a reasonable cost -- not sure if my insurance covers it) I would love to know.

I'm just very thankful that I finally know that I'm not crazy and know what to avoid --- I will miss real chocolate cake though! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Recently I posted regarding genetic testing results, which the nurse at my docs office said were negative. I went to the doctor today so he could explain the results, and I'm glad I did. The genetic tests were never done. It seems to be that here in Michigan -- atleast the part I live in (Suburbs) they do not have access to the test. I would love to have it done, but Im not sure if insurance would cover it -- I probobly should for my family. The funny thing is that when we went over the tests today. He said I did not test positive for sprue. However, in early April the Sprue, Iga, Igg -gliadin panel was high (ofcourse when I was not gluten free). The tests he read today were taken a month later -- gluten free. So now I know - especially being B12 anemic and feeling much better staying away from gluten. I just wanted to share, and if anyone has any idea on how I can get the genetic testing (at a reasonable cost -- not sure if my insurance covers it) I would love to know.

I'm just very thankful that I finally know that I'm not crazy and know what to avoid --- I will miss real chocolate cake though! :D

That nurse!!! Of course test results are negative if the tests are never done in the first place.

I'm glad the gluten free diet is having such a positive response for you. Hope your B12 goes up too--your are taking it, right?? You will feel so much better I am sure.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

That nurse!!! Of course test results are negative if the tests are never done in the first place.

I'm glad the gluten free diet is having such a positive response for you. Hope your B12 goes up too--your are taking it, right?? You will feel so much better I am sure.

Yes, I had my second B12 shot today. I'm waiting for it to kick in, I felt pretty good for the first 2 weeks with the last one. I'm now really addicted to the shot.... I can't remember feeling good like that.

Yes, I had my second B12 shot today. I'm waiting for it to kick in, I felt pretty good for the first 2 weeks with the last one. I'm now really addicted to the shot.... I can't remember feeling good like that.

Yeah, it really does give you a burst/boost. I had three of them and that's all it took to get me to overflowing. Now I am only to have them every three months. :o

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

I'm sorry, but I'm confused as to why you can't get the test done. My labs were sent to California or somewhere on the west coast to Promethues labs for testing. I'm not sure if a lab around here does them, but my doc just uses Prometheus as his standard for celiac testing.

You could look into Enterolab for genetic testing.

I'm glad you're feeling better with the B12 though! That's some great stuff. :)

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09