Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to test for casein and lactose intolerance individualy by consuming foods that have either casein or lactose but not both simultaneously. Also for wheat. Is there a way to test for wheat without the gluten or is that one in the same. I am trying to determine if this is just an intolerance or maybe celiac with out the biopsy/doctor involvement. I been back in forth with doc for almost 2 years and i have now found the "cause" of my misery on my own but now trying to pinpoint myself exactly what I have. At one point i was accused of being preganant and in denial about it. I have not been back since.

I did eat wheat crisp wheat thins(100 calorie pack) with heathly choice soup, I got sick. The soup or the crisps the culprit, is it the wheat or the gluten?

I had a few spoonfulls of Wendys chocolate frosty and got some tummy pain.

I can eat deviled eggs and prepackaged omelets(walmart) with no problem. Minimal cheese in omelet.

After eating natural cheeddar cheese(sargento) had some issuses and bloating.

I dont drink milk, gets on my tongue, i want to barf, same with yogurt.

I know there is a diff in casein and lactose, one is a protein and the other a sugar. I want to find out which I am reacting to. How can I do with no blood tests?

Thanks

JBaby

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello! First off, wheat will always have gluten but gluten won't always have wheat. As for casein and lactose. . .you can't really separate those since they are both in milk.

Try keeping a food journal and doing an elimination diet.

Hello! First off, wheat will always have gluten but gluten won't always have wheat. As for casein and lactose. . .you can't really separate those since they are both in milk.

Try keeping a food journal and doing an elimination diet.

Thank you. I suspected that. So, I guess Whey protein would be out of the question for supplemental protein. Whey has lactose, I think.

Thank you. I suspected that. So, I guess Whey protein would be out of the question for supplemental protein. Whey has lactose, I think.

Most Whey protein containers will have an "Allergen Information" space below the ingredients that will tell you if it contains milk/soy ingredients etc.. ANd I would guess most Whey Protein products contain milk products, but you should deffinately read the ingredients list and check for the allergen info on the container or call the manufacturers to ask.