This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Problems With Vomiting

Passygassy

Passygassy Newbie

Does anyone have problems with vomiting?

I have been gluten free for over a year closer to 2. I have the flu right now so I am not counting the puking this week...but the last couple of months every time I get CC'ed *cross contaminated (even in my own house I have a mixed house hold and I am very clean but its nearly impossible to go Gluten Free and not get CC'ed with a 5 and 2 year old of which thinks food is a beauty product intended for use as head to toe body lotion)

I went o Denny's last week and even though I talked to my server and the manager I ended up making it half way home and pulling over to throw up in some chicken fast food restaurant (running inside with my son screaming get out of my way I'm going to vomit) WITH MY SON watching me - it was a bathroom without a stall. OMG I can't take it any more. I am beginning to wonder if I do not have some kid of dairy or casein allergy as well.

At this point I don't care, all food does is make me sick anyways. It's never pleasurable any more. I used to actually bake gluten free but I just couldn't keep that up. I am pretty darn skinny.... now all my friends always say something about my weight ! I hear "OH your so skinny", then I tell them why and they don't look like the believe me until they come to my house and see my split kitchen.

Wow after re-reading I see how frustrated I have become. Annoying.

My questions is: How can I find out if I am getting Cross Contaminated or if this is a new food allergy? I DON'T MIND mind BEING TESTED.

My diet consist of this:( Most days wit the exclusion of this week due to this vapid flu and simi constant vomiting)

Breakfast: Yogurt Gluten free Yoplait mixed with fresh strawberries and splenda and coolwhip (the cool whip only has milk as an allergen listed and the other ingredient are chemicals ( sick I know but it's my vice) sometimes if I need to gain some weight I put about a 1 tbs of PLAIN M&M's on top (this is my first meal and I usually am ok and don't throw this up)

OR

Gluten Free Rice Chex with Almond Milk and a 1/2 Banana or dried raisins on top. (never makes me sick)

Lunch:

Baby carrots raw, Broccolli raw, Celery Raw and some kind of protein like a boiled egg or turkey breast. Or cheese with Mixed Gluten free grains such as quinoa, brown rice, etc crackers. (which I have been throwing up) Sometimes fresh deli meat that has not been CC'ed I'm usually ok with that too.

Dinner Konjac noodles or Protien such as Turkey breat or lean beef or steak - Pork makes me puke lately. Chicken hurts my stomache now. Shrimp stays down and oddly enough so does tuna fish mixed with apples and boiled eggs.

I try to stay away from butter because fat is making my stomach purge itself. I never eat fast food like fries even from a dedicated fryer because I'm so afraid of being cross contaminated.

So anything high in fat makes me vomit. Is it possible to throw up from FAT?

Any kind of chocolate makes me vomit even GLUTEN FREE

IS it possible I am casein intolerant?

How could I become lactose intolerant an entire 1.5 years AFTER being gluten free. Is that possible? I never PURPOSELY eat it.

I don't think it's cross contamination because I tend to run a HIGH fever when I get cross contaminated I'm talking 104 or 102 with Tylenol. I'm not running a fever I'm just throwing up like mad. This confuses me because when I was first diagnosed I was throwing up so much my gums started receding and though I did not lose weight then, I am now alarmingly so....4 pounds in 4 days. I am having to eat CONSTANTLY to maintain a healthy weight (size 3 to 4).

Is this normal? When I still ate gluten b4 being diagnosed with celiac I was the kind that was constipated and gained weight very easily. Never skinny.

I also have Hashimotos Thyroid Disorder.

HeLp PlEaSe!!!!! :unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I would drop the dairy and quit eating out for a while. If dairy is the issue the vomiting should stop. I would also talk to your doctor about this, not everything is gluten related and you may have something else going on. If you can make your home gluten free that would be ideal, your kids are young and most likely will not be bothered by eating gluten-free at home as much as you might think they would. I don't throw up with gluten but my DD did along with having a great deal of stomach pain.

Some folks also have an issue with the sugar replacements it might be helpful to also limit or drop those for a bit also. We often crave stuff that our body doesn't want or like and putting splenda on top of cool whip and M&Ms on an item that is already loaded with sugar like yogurt and berries is an awful lot of sugar in one sitting.

mindwiped Rookie
Does anyone have problems with vomiting?

<snip>

So anything high in fat makes me vomit. Is it possible to throw up from FAT? ....

I'm not a doctor, but has your doctor checked out your gallbladder? It's supposed to help process the fat in our diets, and the nausea and vomiting sounds a lot like what I had until I finally got my gallbladder removed. Hopefully I'm not sending you chasing a red herring, but it really sounds like a gallbladder issue; even if it's not, your doctor needs to know what's going on so you can start fixing it. Also, since your little ones don't understand CC, you might need them gluten-free for a while until they figure out the concept of CC, just so they don't make you ill.

mommida Enthusiast

Keep a food journal. Note the time of ingestion, mood/symptom check with time.

By the way, I tend to vomit iron (supplements and foods with a higher iron content like RAISINS) I also have Hashi's. Vomitting the iron could be a symptom of Perniscious anemia, but I have to find a doctor capable of proper testing.

Archived