This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Need Your Opinion, Help (!)

Gobbie

Gobbie Apprentice

HI!

I need YOUR opinion and it will make ALL the difference so if you may, please take at least a minute to read through what I have to say and leave a feedback. Thank you ever so much, it means a WORLD to me.

I am a Graphic design student working on a project themed around Gluten Intolerance.

The aim is 'To improve the social aspects of their lives'.

Why?

Being intolerant to myself (it's not the only food sensitivity I have :P ) and recently the symptoms have become hard to ignore therefore my life style has taken a drastic change especially since last year. Laziness has been taken out of the option and now I cook WHAT I EAT at home which is no problem BUT dining out...... I'm on a food scare about that.

There are limited options for GLUTEN FREE dishes! Even posh restaurants neglect to support this despite the growing number of sufferers! Plus people hardly know what GLUTEN is and sometimes get it confused with Glucose.....or just Wheat.

What am I going to do about it?

'Food Sensitivity Card!'

It has the similar concept and same size as an ordinary Business card.

However, the information given is

-That you are gluten intolerant to & that the dish needs to be strictly gluten free.

-What gluten is? = A special protein present in wheat, rye, barley and oats.

-Where it is normally found= Ordinary bread, baked goods, pasta, etc..

-G.F certificate logo/symbol on the other side.

-Website to the certificate above which will contain information on G.F certified products and any other useful resources for G.I sufferers, supporters & whoever is interested.

This can be used when dining out:

* Restaurants, cafes & bars

You can hand this to the waitress (to give to the chef) when booking a table, before ordering food, as soon as you enter so there is NO hassle, miscommunication, embarrassment of lecturing about G.I.

*Dining at someone else's house.

The menu is more limited here! So to avoid any inconvenience, when invited for dinner, give the card to the host when replying so they know what to cook or take a special consideration with their menu.

Plus they can access the WEBSITE and look for alternatives you can have if they are interested.

Small and easily carriable.

Just like business cards, you can put them in your purse/wallet or wherever and give them to people.

What do you think?

Personally I think I would benefit from this sort of card.

There are few dietary cards for allergies & intolerances on the market already but their main aim is to help you when travelling by providing the cards in few different languages, not many though, just few European languages and Japan out of all the other Asian languages.

Please leave an honest feedback on my idea.

Would you be interested in it? Would you use it if this is available and find it helpful? Any room for improvement?

I really appreaciate your help, it means a lot to me, more than you think.

Thank you so much, thank you!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Aroostook Newbie

They already make those cards, and they are rather inexpensive. Open Original Shared Link

Aroostook Newbie

Use this link and you can print them right out! Open Original Shared Link

mommida Enthusiast

You know you have a great idea ~ when it is already out there. :rolleyes:

How about a card for pharmacies, listing information about gluten free drugs. I usually bring my print-out sheets.

:D

Lisa Mentor

Open Original Shared Link

Truimph makes cards and I highly recommend them (or any of their products for that matter).

Great idea though. ;)

Aroostook Newbie
You know you have a great idea ~ when it is already out there. :rolleyes:

How about a card for pharmacies, listing information about gluten free drugs. I usually bring my print-out sheets.

:D

I agree with this idea! You could really be a big help there!

Archived