• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

babyem0626

Does Anyone Know Of Any Fresh Bread That Is Gluten-free?

Rate this topic

Hello all!

I have eaten frozen gluten-free bread for a while, and it just isn't doing it for me anymore. I was curious to see if anyone knew of any FRESH bread products that are gluten-free?

Has anyone ever MADE their own bread that's gluten-free? I can't eat another piece of frozen gluten-free bread if my life depended on it!

Thanks for the help :) :)

Emily

I make my own bread all the time. Check out the recipes section and people have posted their favourites! I use a gluten-free mix but most do it from scratch.

Hi Emily

even if you make your own bread it would need to be frozen at some point unless you can eat an entire loaf in a few days....Pamela's has a gluten-free bread mix that is good. Anna's bread mix is wonderful unless you was a town talk bread lover prior to being gluten-free!

Do you get the gluten-free living magazine? there is a great recipe for bread in it. Plus, if you search the archives here Lorka has a great bread recipe...plus there are many good gluten-free breads to make or to purchase!

I love my ZO bread maker.. I use it mostly because time is not always available for me to bake in the oven & with a bread maker it does all the work. Fast & easy

We like Whole Foods bread for grilled cheese. That is all I use it for or sometimes stuffins....

The prepackaged gluten-free breads are frozen to maintain freshness. But as has been stated in many threads of this sort, baking your own is by far the best way to get a decent gluten-free bread. I use a small round glass dish to bake muffins, buns, rolls, etc. It works well if you aren't sure how it'll turn out, and it's just the right size to eat with one meal. Small amounts seem to have a better chance of turning out well too.

My fiance, who doesn't cook at all, is now making his own gluten-free bread. We really like Pamelas for a slightly darker bread, and the gluten free pantry for a white bread. They are both really easy to make. We eat some of it fresh, and slice and freeze the rest. Even though we are freezing it to keep it fresh, it still tastes better than store-bought any day .

Hi Emily

even if you make your own bread it would need to be frozen at some point unless you can eat an entire loaf in a few days....

Or if you can make a single-serving portion of bread! Look at this thread:

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.ph...ment+gone+right

I use either this recipe or Pamela's or Gluten Free Pantry's. Those are my favorite. I like Bob's Red Mill ok, but after a while I get tired of the beany flavor. Actually, I like it a LOT for occasional use; for some reason I just don't like it too often.

-Elizabeth