This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Bio-allergenix? Anyone Know Anything About This? Help!

terribeth07

terribeth07 Apprentice

I saw an add about free allergy testing. I went & they used this machine called Bio-Allergenix. Does anyone know if this is for real? It is this new revoluntary allergy testing & treatment. They don't prick the skin or anything, it's like an electric serge that goes through your body to test for all kinds of different environmental & food allergies & sensativities. It came up with several things I may be allergic or sensative to. Some just said multiple responses for the category which he explained as you may be able to eat an apple or an orange & be fine but it you eat them together your body doesn't agree.

Anyways, can someone tell me if they know anything about this & if it really works? I don't plan on going through the treatment as it is expensive & not covered by insurance. I just wanted some answer (the doctors didn't give me anything but IBS) & then I plan on just avoiding the things.

Help!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gfb1 Rookie
I saw an add about free allergy testing. I went & they used this machine called Bio-Allergenix. Does anyone know if this is for real? It is this new revoluntary allergy testing & treatment. They don't prick the skin or anything, it's like an electric serge that goes through your body to test for all kinds of different environmental & food allergies & sensativities. It came up with several things I may be allergic or sensative to. Some just said multiple responses for the category which he explained as you may be able to eat an apple or an orange & be fine but it you eat them together your body doesn't agree.

Anyways, can someone tell me if they know anything about this & if it really works? I don't plan on going through the treatment as it is expensive & not covered by insurance. I just wanted some answer (the doctors didn't give me anything but IBS) & then I plan on just avoiding the things.

Help!

sounds like bullsh*t to me.

Open Original Shared Link

aside from ridiculous claims, like ... tests for 96,000 allergens ... stress produces allergies... and, my personal favorite (which is actually NOT ridiculous):

The BAX 3000 is not designed to diagnose or treat any specific conditions.

this statement is required to have FDA approval -- which only means that the treatment is not harmful. it does NOT imply that it works.

they also refuse to provide any information regarding mechanism of action. to make matters worse, they also refused to provide their 'patent' information and i could not find anything regarding their device/process in several patent searches. its probably 'patent pending'... :)

their website also notes that, "the BAX-3000 has been designed as a cash ancillary service."

which means that its not covered by insurance.

it requires 5 visits at $100-150 per visit (and total case cost is $1000-$2000). each treatment lasts 15min. i'll let y'all figure the hourly rate. nice work if you can get it.

it is very frustrating being sick and not getting answers from 'traditional' medicine, but you will get no help from these folks.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I agree with the previous poster, this is snake oil. Have you had any testing for celiac? You should start with the blood panel and perhaps biopsy of the small intestine. Even if those are negative you should give the diet a good try to see if it helps as false negatives on celiac screening are not uncommon.

terribeth07 Apprentice

I did get the celiac panel & it showed normal. I don't have the money for the biopsy. My doctor is trying to say he thinks its IBS. I don't except that as a diagnosis.

I don't plan on going through the BioAllergenix treatment as I don't want to pay for it. The allergy testing was free because I got an add in the paper. I'm just wanting a list of allergies & then I will deal with it on my own & avoid what they say I'm allergic to. Do you think what it says I'm allergic to is correct?

ravenwoodglass Mentor
I did get the celiac panel & it showed normal. I don't have the money for the biopsy. My doctor is trying to say he thinks its IBS. I don't except that as a diagnosis.

I don't plan on going through the BioAllergenix treatment as I don't want to pay for it. The allergy testing was free because I got an add in the paper. I'm just wanting a list of allergies & then I will deal with it on my own & avoid what they say I'm allergic to. Do you think what it says I'm allergic to is correct?

If you have insurance of any kind it should pay for convential MD testing for allergies. Celiac is not an allergy though it is an intolerance that causes an autoimmune response in folks that have it. There are times when people will have both allergies and celiac of course. In my own experience an allergist (MD) saved my life as I do not show up in blood tests for celiac. Up to 30% of us don't. If you don't have insureance you do have the option of just going gluten free and seeing if it helps. I should also note that true allergy testing showed me to be alllergic to 98 of the 99 substances tested for. Within a short time of being gluten free all but 3 of those allergies were gone. My allergist explained that my immune system was in 'hyperdrive' from the celiac thus I was reacting it seemed to everything. I haven't need my asthma inhalor or singulair since diagnosis with celiac except when I am foolish enough to trim my yew bushes when they are in bloom.

terribeth07 Apprentice

I do have health insurance but my copays & deductibles are extremely high & I can't afford to have anything else done. I plan on starting a gluten free diet soon to see if it helps. The hard part is that I'm not always sick so I don't know if I'll be able to tell if I'm better or just not having an "attack" of sickness.

Lady TS Newbie

Help!

My full allergy story is on my blog if you want the whole shebang. I'm not a regular here and don't know the rules for posting blogs so I will refrain for now. PM me if you are interested.

In a nutshell: Over a year ago I found out I have been suffering with multiple food allergies on top of my absolutely horrible environmental allergies. I went to a conventional allergist who told me they could do nothing for food but recommended allergy shots to get my body to stop reacting to the environmental allergens and just hope the foods got better. I was also told to avoid my known allergens and their families(tested for 13, I believe, and knew of a few others that didn't show up on the skin prick test, which only tests for IgE response, btw).

After 10 mos on this horrible, nearly impossible diet, losing weight I really didn't need to lose, and actually feeling WORSE the further I got in the shots, and having problems with the shots making me itch for days(which shouldn't happen), I looked into other options.

I ended up trying Advanced Allergy Therapeutics, which is related to Allergenix. Doing AAT bought me back my corn, soy, dairy, grains, salicylates, glutamates, and a few more I don't remember offhand.

Then I asked my doc about the Allergenix system, (which I had heard about on the Avoiding Corn forum, as I did AAT). Turns out he was doing the training in that system and acquired it a few weeks ago. It has pros and cons when compared with AAT, and I decided I would get more bang for my buck with Allergenix, so I have chosen that route.

Anyway, all this to say that I do believe there is something to it, since I have been feeling so much better after the treatments I had. Plus, I am an out-of-pocket patient wherever I go, and I found that AAT was less expensive than the conventional allergist testing and treatment AND I GOT RESULTS. The Allergenix is a flat fee for the entire treatment(at least that is how it works for me).

As far as accuracy--I KNOW that many of the things that came up on the list are things I have suspected I am allergic to. But be aware that there are 4 groups that Allergenix tests, and you have to have them tested and treated in a certain order for it to work well.

Also, I don't know whether you think you have allergies or are looking for this to treat celiac. I don't believe it is meant to treat celiac.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived