Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vanessa77

Tgi Friday's Jack Daniel's Sauce Gf?

Does anyone know if the jack daniel's sauce at TGI Friday's is gluten-free? I have emailed them several times and I have not received a response. I am guessing that it is not since many recipes I see for it have soy sauce in them. But I figured I would ask since there has got to be some other people out there who may know.

Thank You,

Vanessa :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Vanessa,

I realize you asked this over a year ago!!! I just joined the board today, and also just happened to call TGI Friday's corporate headquarters today to ask the same thing. After navigating their website and finding nothing, I phoned and talked to a lovely woman who told me they have absolutely no information available about the gluten content of any of their food!!!! but that they are working on a "gluten statement". She told me that it's a very difficult thing as utensils would have to be kept separate, etc. I assured her that I am aware that when I step out of my own kitchen, I take the risk of cross-contamination, but that all I really wanted to know was what foods actually contain gluten. She simply repeated that no one has any information of that nature to give me. I got the impression that their first priority is to set up a legal defense position to protect themselves from lawsuits. I asked her to pass on my name and number, that I'd be happy to talk to anyone and give examples of restaurants that have helpful menus and websites, etc, but I'm sure I'll never hear anything. If I do ever get any info, I'll post it here. Hope you are managing to be well. :)

Best,

Marianne

Does anyone know if the jack daniel's sauce at TGI Friday's is gluten-free? I have emailed them several times and I have not received a response. I am guessing that it is not since many recipes I see for it have soy sauce in them. But I figured I would ask since there has got to be some other people out there who may know.

Thank You,

Vanessa :)

Hi,

Could be totally wrong here but if this sauce actually has Jack Daniels in it it´s not likely to be gluten-free- whisky is made from grain and has gluten in it I believe.

Distilled liquors are gluten-free, regardless of grain source, unless some of the mash or something is added back in after distillation. Jack Daniels is gluten-free.

pretty sure there is going to be soy sauce in there.. maybe not.. I found a link for a copy cat of the sauce made with worcestershire sauce which isn't gluten-free. http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/529/...auce42691.shtml Sorry if i dug up an old thread, but I too was searching google for the answer.

_~~! First Post woot! Jack Daniels sauce is so delicious I'd eat it on my vacation time and just be sick with it..

pretty sure there is going to be soy sauce in there.. maybe not.. I found a link for a copy cat of the sauce made with worcestershire sauce which isn't gluten-free. http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/529/...auce42691.shtml Sorry if i dug up an old thread, but I too was searching google for the answer.

_~~! First Post woot! Jack Daniels sauce is so delicious I'd eat it on my vacation time and just be sick with it..

I just wanted to add a note here. Lee & Perrins Worcester Sause IS gluten free. :)

Does that mean I can drink Bailey´s Irish Cream? I really miss it!!

I have Bailey's on my NO WAY list, meaning I read somewhere that it has gluten.

However, I do feel sorry for you missin out on all that yummy Jack! Mmmm

I even had a Tom N Jerry on Christmas, since it has brandy, which is on the OK list.

You've been missin out girl

Here's the gluten statement on Bailey's website. It sounds like a CYA statement to me, but I haven't tried drinking it, so I don't know...

Please be advised that the whiskey used in Baileys is manufactured by fermenting grain which contains Gluten. Due to the presence of gluten in the whiskey components before distillation we cannot absolutely guarantee that there are no effects to coeliacs. As we are not qualified to give medical advice persons requiring a gluten free diet must consult their medical adviser before consuming Baileys.