GlutenGuy36

Russian Roulette....with Eating Out

Rate this topic

Well I did it again. I was too lazy to cook for myself and decided to go through McDonald's drive through and order two double hamburgers minus the bun. I got home and ate them and with in 15-20 min I was sitting on the toilet mad at myself for ever going there.

Now, I get to look forward to the next two weeks of misery with random body pains, brain fog, weakness all because I wasn't strong enough to just cook something for myself.

Is there any thing that you guys know of that will help this pass sooner or make this easier to deal with? I already took an Ibuprofen because I know what is about to come. Thanks for your help, Ted.

Don't be too hard on yourself. With the speed of your reaction it may not have even been gluten it may have been your body didn't like the huge grease load you fed it. If that is the case, and I will keep my fingers crossed for you that it is, you should feel better tommorrow. It you are glutened and you wake to the brain fog etc. one thing I have found helpful is some sublingual B12, resting as much as I can and eating fairly bland food until I feel better.

You might want to consider keeping some safe gluten free snacks in your car or someplace readily available to help tide you over till you can get home and get something safe. I hope you feel better soon.

Yeah I usually take extra B12 too. I have tea and gluten-free chicken noodle soup. One of my reactions is ravenous hunger so I indulge that and eat as much as my body wants with safe foods. Lay around and nap if I need to also.