SeMeCl

Dairy Free, Egg Free, Gluten Free Frosting?

Rate this topic

Hello everyone! It has been so long since I've been on here, that's what you get for your computer frying. Anyway, I am helping out with a convention for kids that stutter and their families this weekend (Saturday). They are planning on making cupcakes, and decorating them as well as having pizza for lunch. I volunteered to take care of people with allergies, so I need to avoid as many as possible. I would love to make it all by scratch, but I don't have time. I have found a good egg free, nut free, peanut free, dairy free, and gluten free boxed mix for the cupcakes.

My/your mission:

I need a gluten free, egg free, dairy free, nut free, peanut free (soy free would be nice)

frosting recipe

pizza idea

These need to taste awesome, as much close to the normal stuff as possible. This day is for the kids to feel like they are at least normal for one day since stuttering is such a big, emotional fight for many of them, I don't want them feeling left out because of food allergies and it is important that I provide them with good alternatives.

THANKS

Great, thank you! Can you tell me where to find spectrum shortening?

Thank you again Jane.

I can only find it at my health foods store. Or I'm sure you could find it online.

Wouldn't coconut oil also work?

Coconut oil might work, it just might be a little thinner/runnier than shortening based frosting since coconut oil has such a low melting point.

Bob's Red Mill gluten-free pizza crust mix looks like it might work with your stipulations if you use an egg replacer.

You can buy Spectrum at Whole Foods for sure. I've also seen it at regular grocery stores like Kroger. It's usually right next to Crisco.