CountryStar

Glutened

Rate this topic

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to feel better fast after being glutened.

It was unintentional of course but i am feeling so wiped out and fatigued.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I mostly have to let it run it's course. But I do take extra B!2, it helps a little. I drink tea, rest as much as I'm able and eat safe foods as much as my body demands. I'm usually super hungry during a glutening.

I have written a lot about it here on celiac.com--using marshmallow root, enterically coated acidophilus, apple cider vinegar, pancreatin digestive enzymes right away and maybe some baking soda (leave an hour between the vinegar and baking soda so you don't fizz!!). If you can eat yogurt, pineapple and papaya, do so!

Then after the D has gone, use detox herbs like dandelion root, and yellow dock or oregon grape root with maybe some licorice root and either cleavers or echinacea leaf. Be sure not to use any tinctures or anything with possible gluten in it as a binder. Avoid anything that gives you D--or greatly reduce the amount taken.

I often make a "mash" of the above roots--two heaping tablespons of each in a two quart pot. Slow boil for 20 to 30 minutes. Add the leafy stuff after. Then steep for another twenty minutes. I put say 1/3 cup of the strained mixture in my mug and add hot water. It is concentrated this mash. Keep in the fridge once its cooled. Its good to take for a couple to three days. Then go off it for a couple; repeat as needed. Can add water to the mash. Discontinue when it seems too thin.

Helps too to eat lots of cooked vegetables, avoid raw veggies and hot spices, sauna when able, lots of exercise also when able.

And lots of marshmallow root to soothe the innards--whther or not the detox herbs work for you this should be safe. Caps are easy, so is the powder in a glass of cool water... Slippery Elm is wonderful too...Can make a gruel of it--one tablespoon to a cup of cold water, mix together and slow boil for ten minutes or so, mixing it now and then with a wire whip.

Plus a dash of humor helps after you get over hating the world...or whatever unfortunate schmuck that got you cross glutened!!

Bea

I always take a threelac on an empty stomach right after I get glutened. It is somewhat rough on the system since it contains insoluble fiber, but it seems to do wonders for speeding up the recovery time.

Yolo- You mentioned cleaver in your post. Is this the same thing as sticky willy? It has taken over my property and killed most of my berry bushes. In trying to find a safe way to get rid of it, I found it has medicinal value, but no good info on for what or how to use it. If you have info on the good properties of this pest, please let me know. There's still plenty around. Thanks

Yolo- You mentioned cleaver in your post. Is this the same thing as sticky willy? It has taken over my property and killed most of my berry bushes. In trying to find a safe way to get rid of it, I found it has medicinal value, but no good info on for what or how to use it. If you have info on the good properties of this pest, please let me know. There's still plenty around. Thanks

Here's a site about cleavers. Check the picture and info to see if its the same herb:

http://www.herbs2000.com/herbs/herbs_cleavers.htm

Its one of the best lymphatic drains there is. Very powerful, so start slow til you get used to it. If it doesn't agree at first I suggest you use echinacea leaf.

Apparently according to another site an alternative name for cleavers is "sticky willy"!!

Bea