Jump to content
Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
  • Sign Up

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I am definitely having issues with gluten and my Allergist wants to do some blood work.

My Dr. admits that he is not an expert with Celiac / gluten issues. My question: What type of blood work should I have done that relates to gluten intolerance and Celiac ?

I would like to have my "ducks in a row" so to speak, before I spend the time and $ with blood work.

Also, I'm considering Enterolab once I see what the Dr. wants to do. Any thoughts? I haven't head of too many complaints from people who have used them.

Thanks for your help!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

THis is a good source of information, it's University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center. Here is a link to the page that discussing recommended testing, it explains which ones and why, and some they don't use any more, etc.:


also the Celiac Sprue Association page on diagnostics: http://www.csaceliacs.org/celiac_diagnosis.php

Those should help. Always good to go with information in hand. At least you've got a doc that told you up front they don't know a lot about it.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now