jasonD2

Now Something Else To Worry About

Rate this topic

Last week I suddenly developed an irritation inside my mouth. I didnt think anything of it since i frequently bite the inside of my cheek and get the occasional canker sore. but now I have a large inflamed area thats about the size of a quarter inside my cheek. The pain has subsided, but it still looks inflamed. I am going to my dentist to have it looked at, but am concerned now that this is yet another new ailment that I have on top of everything else. Could this be food allergy related? Am I just going to keep developing new problems as time progresses...to the point where one day I might get something serious like cancer or lupus?

Sure you are not getting glutened? It sounds like you are. Canker sores etc. are common side effect. It certainly happens to me. Maybe some CC??

Bea

sounds like a canker sore. fairly common in the population - celiac or not. rinse with salt water a couple of times a day until it goes away. (of course, if it doesn't go away, you want to look into it!) they can be exacerbated by stress - any variety of stress on the body, be it emotional (crazy day), physical (surgery/accident), or chemical (allergen/exposure).

Jason, by any chance have you been sick with a virus lately? I often will get a canker sore shortly after a viral illness.

I have problems with cheek/lip bites. Salt water rinses help but now I keep a product called Peroxyl on hand. It's a hydrogen peroxide solution that's safe for oral rinsing. It's over the counter, although some pharmacies used to keep it behind the counter and you had to ask for it, but no prescription needed, just a little pricey. Some pharmacies have their own brand of this. Works great. Sores heal up quickly.