The Fluffy Assassin

A Taste Of Thai Says All Their Products Are Now Gluten Free

Rate this topic

but... they didn't recall the old ones that aren't necessarily, so you still have to check on a case by case (or is that carton by carton) basis. But I'm thrilled to death, because I think their Peanut Noodles are one of the truly great products I've found. It was the first thing I found that made me say, yeah, I can survive going gluten free. I'm sure that sounds crazy, but it's true.

Tha i good news cause I don't shop at a specialty store. I just stick to a normal grocery store and my options are pretty limited.

Tha i good news cause I don't shop at a specialty store. I just stick to a normal grocery store and my options are pretty limited.

You might try befriending the manager and see if you can persuade them to broaden the gluten-free line. If you have a local support group and can persuade one or more of them to come with you, that would of course help. Regardless, good luck to you, and yes, it is good news.

Where do they have A taste of Thai? I don't recall seeing that and was wondering if it's frozen or in the packaged international aisle of the store. Something to look forward to!

Where do they have A taste of Thai? I don't recall seeing that and was wondering if it's frozen or in the packaged international aisle of the store. Something to look forward to!

Look in the international section. Most supermarkets carry either A Taste of Thai (usually gluten free and now totally so) or Thai Kitchen (sometimes gluten free but rarely so). So you have to look around and it's frustrating. If you have a Super Target (ie, one with groceries), they always have Taste of Thai, at least around here, but because they do lousy grocery business (not their fault, they have great groceries but nobody knows about it) their shelves don't turn over very fast and you have to check to make sure the cartons are gluten free. The new ones are labeled Reduced Sodium-- Gluten Free. Taste of Thai packages are always bright yellow; these are cartons like you get from takeout Chinese places (except yellow).