tbruno153

gluten-free Toothpaste

Rate this topic

I have been using Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil with Neem toohpaste and their tea tree mouthwash to soothe irritated gums - seems like this is what happens to be when I get glutened. (Along with stomach ache) -

I emailed the company and they say that they can't say it's gluten-free because it is processed at a plant where gluten is used on other products -

but they don't put gluten in their products.

The tea tree is soothing for the gums - but now I am a little concerned about using this all the time.

Anyone use this product or have any advice?

I think I got glutened from eating some chopped walnuts in the bag you get in the baking section - it said there could be cross-comtamination at the plant. Anyone ever have this problem?

I have been using Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil with Neem toohpaste and their tea tree mouthwash to soothe irritated gums - seems like this is what happens to be when I get glutened. (Along with stomach ache) -

I emailed the company and they say that they can't say it's gluten-free because it is processed at a plant where gluten is used on other products -

but they don't put gluten in their products.

The tea tree is soothing for the gums - but now I am a little concerned about using this all the time.

Anyone use this product or have any advice?

I think I got glutened from eating some chopped walnuts in the bag you get in the baking section - it said there could be cross-comtamination at the plant. Anyone ever have this problem?

I have had a lot of trouble over the years from cross contamination - including toothpaste. Some celiac's are more sensitive to micro-doses than others and I have also found a "build up" type effect where very small exposure levels over a period of days or so gets me very sick. Call me crazy, but it seems to be the case.

Personally I don't touch anything that has cross contamination risk. If its small exposure and it takes a few days to get ill, its almost impossible to pin down what made you sick in the first place.

Just my opinion! Good luck!

Some toothpaste are to strong for me. I couldn't imagine using neem or tea tree oil in my mouth. It would be to strong for my mouth! I do use both externally..Maybe if you dilute the mouthwash more.....

I got a good glutening from walnuts. I haven't bought nuts since then. I'm gonna wait for Christmas and buy the one still in the shell! :)

Count me in on the packaged Walnuts <_< I was glutened by Diamond Shelled Walnuts--they are produced on equipment that also processes products with wheat.

For anyone in Texas, the Hill Country Fare HEB store brand shelled walnuts are safe.

Personally, I wouldn't chance that toothpaste--I use Crest. The last I checked, all their toothpastes were gluten-free.

Personally, I wouldn't chance that toothpaste--I use Crest. The last I checked, all their toothpastes were gluten-free.

The same is true of Colgate. There are plenty of safe toothpastes to choose from.

I cant use the crest toothpaste.

It seems when I use this brand it gives me sores in my mouth.

I can use the colgate brands with out any problems.

I do not dare switch my brands ...

You may want to look for Tom's of Maine toothpastes. The last time I checked all were gluten free and if that has changed it will be easy to tell as they list all the ingredients and what they are derived from.

Buy Colgate... :):D