LadyBugLuv

Protein... And Beef Jerky

Rate this topic

Ok... so I am pregnant (going on 6 weeks)...

and I just feel like I can't eat enough protein. I always craved it prior to my period too... but now I just feel like I need it more and more.

I love beef jerky, and miss it. Especially now. haha.

I can't find any that do not contain gluten or soy, and all the recipes I have for it contain soy sauce also... which I know you can get in a non-gluten version, but not non-soy :).

Any suggestion? :)

thanks for your help!

You can make your own, but you'll have to get creative. The soy sauce is there as a preservative for the meat - because it has a lot of salt. So substitute salt when making yours. You'll need something else for the liquid, and you can use water, or maybe even something like pineapple juice (though, with a juice, I'd keep it stored in the fridge, while wouldn't worry about having it out for a day or two).

Ok... so I am pregnant (going on 6 weeks)...

and I just feel like I can't eat enough protein. I always craved it prior to my period too... but now I just feel like I need it more and more.

I love beef jerky, and miss it. Especially now. haha.

I can't find any that do not contain gluten or soy, and all the recipes I have for it contain soy sauce also... which I know you can get in a non-gluten version, but not non-soy :).

Any suggestion? :)

thanks for your help!

Here are a couple of links to gluten free beef jerky products. Just read, because most have several gluten free items, then several that are NOT gluten free.

http://www.thebuffaloguys.com/

http://www.smokedbeefsteakjerky.com/ (smoked beef steak, beef pepperoni gluten-free)

http://www.tcsjerky.com/proddetail.php?prod=444 (their beef stake nuggets are gluten-free, but other items are not)

thanks, guys :). I'll have to look at those sites.

I know, if the soy sauce substitute doesn't work for beef jerky, it still sounds yummy :). I miss putting soy sauce and garlic powder on grilled ribs... so I am going to have to try that sometime!

thanks again!

I'm way late in responding to this topic. I found it via a search engine while searching "soy free beef jerky recipe"

There actually IS a soy and gluten free "soy sauce". It's made by South River Miso Company and it's only available in limited quantities. They also make soy and gluten free miso (obviously).

Anyway, you've probably had the little one by now, so congrats, but I just had to let you know. :)

Oh yes and soy free beef jerky recipe I found. ;)