dogle

Improving Every Month

Rate this topic

Hi, it's been a long time since I last posted here. I want to comment on some improvements I've had. Well, I started the diet based on the Endomysial antibodies, I couldn't afford the biopsy. I've been on diet for 4 months now and I have improved my health a lot, I feel like I'm a new person. Before the diet I had lactose intolerance, I couldn't drink milk or other milk product since I would get so bloated, gassy, I'd get abdominal cramps, diarrhea but now I can have milk without experiencing those symptoms, it's unbelievble, I remember drinking milk and feeling so bad but now that's the past, I never bought lactase pills because I wanted to experience the recovery. I have more energy, I run on a trademill and I couldn't make it further than half an hour but now I can run faster and run up to an hour and I'm feeling stronger everyday. I am feeling more positive, happier, especially RELAXED, it's like DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY, seriously, I used to be so anxious about everything. My DH has almost dissapeared thougn I experience it on the beard area. My legs neuropathies are being cured so is the fatigue.

However, I still experience quite a few bowel movements everyday, they are not fatty any longer and the stool doesn't float anymore but it's been almost 4 months so I must keep waiting for that to go away. There is something I've been worrying lately because I have been having a browning over my fingers, they look like brown stains over the back and mostly at the end of my fingers, close to the fingernails, I have read it could be acanthosis nigricans or some vitamin deficiency; but acanthosis nigricans could be a sign of glucose intolerance, addison disease or even CANCER like lymphoma so have I read. So I'm worry about that. Well, I'll keep posting more regularly.

I wish you luck and a fast recovery to everyone, and God bless you just like I have been blessed. See you.

Hi, it's been a long time since I last posted here. I want to comment on some improvements I've had. Well, I started the diet based on the Endomysial antibodies, I couldn't afford the biopsy. I've been on diet for 4 months now and I have improved my health a lot, I feel like I'm a new person. Before the diet I had lactose intolerance, I couldn't drink milk or other milk product since I would get so bloated, gassy, I'd get abdominal cramps, diarrhea but now I can have milk without experiencing those symptoms, it's unbelievble, I remember drinking milk and feeling so bad but now that's the past, I never bought lactase pills because I wanted to experience the recovery. I have more energy, I run on a trademill and I couldn't make it further than half an hour but now I can run faster and run up to an hour and I'm feeling stronger everyday. I am feeling more positive, happier, especially RELAXED, it's like DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY, seriously, I used to be so anxious about everything. My DH has almost dissapeared thougn I experience it on the beard area. My legs neuropathies are being cured so is the fatigue.

However, I still experience quite a few bowel movements everyday, they are not fatty any longer and the stool doesn't float anymore but it's been almost 4 months so I must keep waiting for that to go away. There is something I've been worrying lately because I have been having a browning over my fingers, they look like brown stains over the back and mostly at the end of my fingers, close to the fingernails, I have read it could be acanthosis nigricans or some vitamin deficiency; but acanthosis nigricans could be a sign of glucose intolerance, addison disease or even CANCER like lymphoma so have I read. So I'm worry about that. Well, I'll keep posting more regularly.

I wish you luck and a fast recovery to everyone, and God bless you just like I have been blessed. See you.

Don't be upset if your frequency of going to the bathroom does not diminish. Unless you are going 20 times a day, it is NOT abnormal to have 4-5 BM's per day, as long as they are healthy BM's. I am a tiny person and always had many BM's per day before diagnosis and they were as you described yourself. Once I recovered, I still go the same amount only they are a lot healthier than before. My diet is mostly based on fruits and veggies so, if you eat a lot of fiber and food generally passes through you quickly, that will not change. You may want to see a doctor with your concerns. Many times, it is nothing to worry about.

Lymphoma does not automatically happen to Celiacs so you shouldn't worry about it, unless there is a strong family history. Even that doesn't mean you'll get cancer.

I have experienced the same thing as you have, in general. I am a totally new person with all my symptoms disappearing within a few years of diagnosis.

It's almost like a re-birth! Good luck to you!

Congratulations on having such a dramatic improvement in your health. That means you are doing well with diet.

I'm a year and a half in and I still have 6-8 bm's a day. I don't think that's going to change. But the fact that they are so much healthier and I'm not doubled over in pain before and during each one, is good news to me.

I'm glad you reported back. Keep us up to date. Good new stories are always inspirational!