HeartofGlass224

I Found A Great Help For Dh!

Rate this topic

I went to my GI the other day with a major outbreak of DH. I've been a bad girl, and have had a hard time with th rash. After lecturing me, my GI prescribed Clotrimazole and Betamethasone cream, rather than the cream that would cause side effects that I cannot have. The cream improved my rash in less than 24 hours! I was astounded by the rate at which it helped....I have pain in only one blister now, and it's cleared up immensely. I had to share with everyone suffering with this nasty rash!

I went to my GI the other day with a major outbreak of DH. I've been a bad girl, and have had a hard time with th rash. After lecturing me, my GI prescribed Clotrimazole and Betamethasone cream, rather than the cream that would cause side effects that I cannot have. The cream improved my rash in less than 24 hours! I was astounded by the rate at which it helped....I have pain in only one blister now, and it's cleared up immensely. I had to share with everyone suffering with this nasty rash!

The betamethasone is what is helping; it's a corticosteroid and helps reduce inflammation. The clortrimazole is an antifungal...it's the stuff that's in athelete's foot cream. The med info I"ve found says not to use it for more than 2 weeks, and it can mess up your blood sugar. I"m glad you found some relief, though!

http://www.medicinenet.com/betamethasone_d...ate/article.htm

The betamethasone is what is helping; it's a corticosteroid and helps reduce inflammation. The clortrimazole is an antifungal...it's the stuff that's in athelete's foot cream. The med info I"ve found says not to use it for more than 2 weeks, and it can mess up your blood sugar. I"m glad you found some relief, though!

http://www.medicinenet.com/betamethasone_d...ate/article.htm

Thank you for the info! I will keep an eye on the two-week mark. The funny thing is I'm on 40mg of prednisone, and it doesn't help (have been for 6 years). I guess it's the topical steroid that's helped.