Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daphniela

Anyone In Metro-detroit?

Brighton area. Hello there folks. I hear there is a great gluten-free bakery out in the Macomb twp area. Anyone ever try them out?

Hi There!

I am from the South Lyon Area. There is a Celiac Specialties bakery that recently opened in Novi on Grand River.

Ann Arbor. I know that there will be a gluten free bakery opening up in Warren in the next few months. The gentleman who is opening it up is from London Ontario and he's just waiting to hear back from his us suppliers. I'll keep everyone posted at to where and when it opens and what he's going to name it. If your ever in the London area his bakery is Organic Works bakery. Everything in the bakery is gluten, egg, milk and nut free. He has some really great bread.

Nice to meet you all.

Ann Arbor. I know that there will be a gluten free bakery opening up in Warren in the next few months. The gentleman who is opening it up is from London Ontario and he's just waiting to hear back from his us suppliers. I'll keep everyone posted at to where and when it opens and what he's going to name it. If your ever in the London area his bakery is Organic Works bakery. Everything in the bakery is gluten, egg, milk and nut free. He has some really great bread.

Nice to meet you all.

That is sweet! Is he looking for any employees yet? I live in Warren and am in need of a job. I am willing to wait a few months till he opens up his shop. I am a stay at home mom right now.

Anyone know of any Asian Markets around here? I haven't found any and I want cheap flour! Even a middeastern Market would be nice. I think they have special flours too.

I don't know if you ever got the info, but I live in the same general area (closer to Warren than Sterling Heights)and have a ton of suggestions for places to get flour! There's a few strips down John R, a little past 13mi across from the Big Boy. The big shop in that set has lots of cheap flour, seems to have all the things that you need to bake really, even potato flour! Thuy Trang has the best pho there, and that's worth a visit for gluten free eats. Um lets see.....you can get PAN from the Tienda Mexicana on John R and Whitcomb. There is a Fuji Market there too, though I don't know if they have good flour (I wasn't looking for flour when I went, its a good shop otherwise). You might find ENO there though. AND there is a HUGE Korean market called eMart that is relatively new (2010, it just had its 1st anniversary) on Dequindre and 16 mile.

As for middle eastern markets you might need to be a little specific on what you want, there are a LOT around here.

So to sum up:

1) Viet shop just past 13 mile across from the Big Boy

2) Tienda Mexicana and Fuji Market on John R and Whitcomb (in the same place as the 7-11)

3) eMart Korean Market on 16 mile and Dequindre.

• Forum Discussions

Perhaps you should start another thread in say the Leaky gut and food intolerance area? I am myself have Celiac and UC, and when I started eating meats again recently I found I felt better on Grass Fed Longhorn from a local farmer and other...
    Anasss, (Not to Moderator's I am going to list two links and this might go two paragraphs) I do a lot of research and the "chicken" topic containing gluten has come up before.....so I bookmarked the research...other foods have toxic peptide...
    Hi again. This will be my last post.  I wanted to add some last bits of important information on how I have reached remission.  First, I want to address on comments about animals and feed.   I eat from a farmer that is USDA inspected and th...