mimommy

Great Experience At Troy Beaumont Lab

Rate this topic

I just wanted to take a moment to give credit where it is due. Our family has had two wonderful lab experiences in a row with "Leo" at the Troy Beaumont Hospital lab in Troy, Michigan (Dequindre and M-59). He drew blood for both my husband and I a while back for our celiac panels and he was so gentle I didn't even feel it. My daughter (age 9) was due for her celiac re-test and nutritional evals. today so we went back to see Leo, and he was so good with her. He used a private room, put on Scooby-Doo, talked her through the poke and made her feel very safe and comfortable. Most importantly, he didn't hurt her with the needle. His bedside manner was top-notch.

If you ever read this, Leo...thank you!

I am new to all of this and live in Macomb. Is there a GI doc you recommend in the area? Im waiting for my results from my celiac panel. Thanks

I am new to all of this and live in Macomb. Is there a GI doc you recommend in the area? Im waiting for my results from my celiac panel. Thanks

Is it for yourself or a child? I can only offer a recommendation for a ped. GI. Look under this thread called "recommend a doctor in your state":

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.php?showtopic=25206

Maybe someone can refer you to an adult GI from there. If not, post a seperate thread and ask for one directly. Good luck! If you need help understanding your tests, please do post. There are many knowledgable folks on this forum.

PS--check out the Tri-county Celiac Support Group. I believe they now have a Macomb based meeting.

http://www.tccsg.com/